Theater Wilbert, located on Main Street, opened on February 3, 1918 as an opera house. It was four stories tall, with a seating capacity of 1300 people and box seats on each side of the theater. (Lionel Delacroix, lessee)
Looking Down Main Street in 1950 - Theater Wilbert can be seen on the left and the B.P.O.E Building can be seen at the end of the street.
People Lining Up on Main Street to Get Toys From the Knights of Columbus (December 24, 1946)
White Star Theater Located on Plaquemine Street Next to the Neubig’s Dry Goods Store (early 1900’s) - It was owned and operated by Mr. Charley Hebert. Pictured with carriage is Dr. James Durand’s father.
Rosso Theater, Owned by Joseph Rosso, Located on Court Street (1925)
Program of Rosso’s Theater Tuesday night was family night. You could bring the whole family for ten cents.
Backside of the Program for Rosso’s Theater
Moving Billboard for Rosso’s Theater
Prizes Were Given Away at Rosso’s Theater Weekly
The construction of the Osage Theater began in 1939 and was completed on March 31, 1940.
Osage Theater Under Construction
Finishing Touches on Osage Theater
Interior Construction of Osage Click to Enlarge Pictures (Do not click in automatic play mode)
This picture was taken 30 minutes before the formal opening of the theater on March 31, 1940.
The Osage Theater cost $50,000 to build and had a seating capacity of 950.
Osage Theater Aerial View of the Osage Theater Located on the Corner of Court and Clay Street
Osage Theater Destroyed by Fire on September 14, 1945
The Greater Osage Theater Being Rebuilt After Fire
The new “Greater Osage” Theater opened on August 24, 1947.