Fireman’s Parade on Main Street 1906 - Pictured on the right is the Hope Opera Building. Next is Plaquemine’s second railroad depot, the Cosmopolitan Hotel and Bar, and the baker shop. Pictured on the left is the Holloway - Postell Pharmacy.
Fireman’s Parade of 1906 - Every house had a fence around it because cows, pigs and dogs were allowed to roam the street.
Iberville Parish Court House (Canal Ave. and Meriam St. 1906)
View From the Bayou of the Weaver’s Hotel (circa 1926) It was located behind the Plaquemine Railroad Depot.
Corner of Main and Church Street 1909 - The building on the left was the Gary Restaurant. You could buy a five course meal, including a drink, for 15 cents. In the center of the picture is City Hall, and to the right is the Plaquemine Market and the jail.
Railroad Ave. Looking South From the Depot (circa 1906)
Railroad Ave. Looking South From the Depot (circa 1940)
The Second Block of Railroad Ave. From Depot (circa 1940)
Looking Down Plaquemine Street From the Railroad Tracks (circa 1910)
Plaquemine City Market Located Behind City Hall on Church Street The people in the foreground were celebrating the christening of the new St. John Catholic School for boys on November 10, 1910. Plaquemine City Market Jailhouse
Plaquemine From Atop the Catholic Church Facing Southwest (1912) The Star Theater is the large building in the lower left hand corner. To its right is the Neubig Building and then the Post Office. Visible in the background is the A. Wilbert Sons’ store and the Iberville Parish Court House.
Plaquemine From Atop Catholic Church Looking Towards the River (1912) Note Neubig’s Dry Goods Store, the Presbyterian Church and St. Basil Academy.
Plaquemine City Hall Main Street (date unknown)
View From A. Wilbert’s Sawmill (circa 1916) Weaver’s hotel can be seen in the foreground.
Plaquemine City Hall, Formerly the Iberville Parish Court House (Main Street 1926)