Grosse Tete Social Hall in Grosse Tete, La. (1906)
Residence of P. W. Holliday, Town of Grosse Tete (1906)
Sunshine, La . - Previous to April 1886, the village of Sunshine was called "Forlorn Hope.” Chas. A. Brusle wrote to the Hon. E. J. Gay, a member of the U.S. Representatives, and told him the name should be changed to something more cheerful. Hon. E. J. Gay had the name changed to Sunshine, and it remained Sunshine until it was incorporated as part of St. Gabriel in 1994.