1. Plaquemine’s Three Fire Departments in 1906 ( The Reliance Hose Company, The Hope Hook and Ladder Company No. 1, and The Jefferson Hose Company)
2. The Hope Hook and Ladder Company No. 1 was christened “The Lady Mary S. Wilbert” on October 11, 1882.
3. The Reliance Hose Company Wagon (1906)
4. The name of the firemen on the bottom row are as follows: Cotton Rivet, Bill Blanchard, Chief Bill Trepagnier, Ass’t Chief J. A. Dupuy and Pewee Aucoin. The following names were written for the firemen on the top row. Some of the names are missing and the following names are not necessarily in the correct order: Bouvy, Jake Baist, Dupuy, Camile Gary, Norman Grass, E.Z. Hart, John Biehler, Aucoin. (date unknown)
5. 1905 Fire on Bayou Plaquemine As Seen From The Train Bridge
6. Fire on Bayou Plaquemine Tuesday, July 25, 1905 destroyed the Parish drawbridge and damaged the railroad bridge.
7. Drawbridge in Bayou After the July 25, 1905 Fire
8. Plaquemine’s First Motor Driven Fire Truck (October 15, 1916) Left to right: John Biehler, Louis Leblanc, Jules Hebert, Bob Tuxworth, LeBlanc, Bill Emede, Jake Baist, Ferdinand Hebert, Celestin Roth, Theodore Brode in the driver seat next to Mayor Peter G. Wilbert. In front of the fire truck is Bill Trepagnier and Miss Olivia LeBlanc. The fire truck was christened “Miss Olivia” after Louis Leblanc’s daughter.
9. Brass Plate From Plaquemine’s First Motor Driven Fire Truck That Was Purchased October 15, 1916
10. Celebrating the New Fire Truck
11. Bill Trepagnier was elected Plaquemine’s first fire chief of all three fire departments which were combined in 1905.
12. Plaquemine’s First Pumper Fire Truck (1926) (Lyman J. Marchand, Sr. is pictured near the hoses on the truck.)
13. Plaquemine Fire Station Completed in October 1925 This picture of John Brown and his family was taken on April 18, 1956.
14. Osage Theater Destroyed by Fire on September 14, 1945
15. Iberville Parish Courthouse Fire May 4, 1945
16. Replacing the Roof After the Fire December 1948 - The dome with the clocks was never replaced.
17. Big Jim Destroyed by Fire on March 18, 1940 (Also Shown in Next Two Slides)
20. Fire at City Service Cleaners in 1947
21. The End of an Era of Reporting Fire Alarms Citizens used these boxes to report fires.