• (1) I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals.
• (1) I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals.• biblion
• The scroll of Rev 5 is a deed of redemption, and as such becomes effectively a will of inheritance. If a Jewish family were to lose its property or possessions by some kind of misfortune or distress, their property could not be permanently taken from them. However, their losses were listed in a scroll and sealed seven times. Then the conditions necessary to purchase back the land and their possessions were written on the outside of the scroll.
• When a qualified redeemer could be found, who could meet the requirements of reclamation (a kinsman like Boaz as in the story of Ruth), the one who had taken the property was required to return it to the original owner. As each seal is broken, the deed of redemption reveals what must occur for the Kinsman-Redeemer to physically repossess the land, Hampton Keathley
• Daniel 12:4 "But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.“
• Daniel 12:4 "But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.“• Ezekiel 2:9-10 Then I looked, and behold, a hand was extended to me; and lo, a scroll was in it. (10) When He spread it out before me, it was written on the front and back, and written on it were lamentations, mourning and woe.
• (2) And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" (3) And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it.
• Philippians 2:5-11 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, (6) who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, (7) but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond- servant, and being made in the likeness of men. (8) Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
• (9) For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, (10) so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, (11) and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
• (4) Then I began to weep greatly because no one was found worthy to open the book or to look into it;
• (5) and one of the elders *said to me, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals."
• Genesis 49:9-10 "Judah is a lions whelp; From the prey, my son, you have gone up. He couches, he lies down as a lion, And as a lion, who dares rouse him up? (10) "The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor the rulers staff from between his feet, Until Shiloh comes, And to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.
• Revelation 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
• (6) And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth. (7) And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
• John 1:29b "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
• John 1:29b "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!• 1 Peter 1:18-19 knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, (19) but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
Jesus as the Lamb Jesus as the LionRefers to His first advent Refers to His second advent
Jesus as the Lamb Jesus as the LionRefers to His first advent Refers to His second adventSpeaks of His meekness Speaks of His majesty
Jesus as the Lamb Jesus as the LionRefers to His first advent Refers to His second adventSpeaks of His meekness Speaks of His majestyHe is Savior He is Sovereign
Jesus as the Lamb Jesus as the LionRefers to His first advent Refers to His second vSpeaks of His meekness Speaks of His majestyHe is Savior He is SovereignHe was judged He is the Judge
• 1 Kings 22:11 Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah made horns of iron for himself and said, "Thus says the LORD, With these you will gore the Arameans until they are consumed."
• Daniel 7:9, 13&14 "I kept looking Until thrones were set up, And the Ancient of Days took His seat; His vesture was like white snow And the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne was ablaze with flames, Its wheels were a burning fire…(13) "I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him.
• (14) "And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations and men of every language Might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.