MEDITATION IN SPORTS“LAYING THE FOUNDATION OF SUCCESS FROM WITHIN”
THE INSPIRATION Thoughts guide our GOALS/AIM ......……. as you think, so shall you become
HOW MEDITATION HELPSSportsman? High Degree of Concentration / focus Creates a reservoir of positive thoughts Is the charger of consciousness Acts as a medicine Magnetizes the mental force Purifies the mind Helps in analyzing and forecasting Helps in mental communication
1. Meditation creates a reservoir of positive thoughts Patience Tolerance Strength DAM OF MINDPOWER TO ADJUST POWER TO FACE/HANDLE
1. Meditation creates a reservoir of positive thoughtsPower to adjust Power to face/handle“increased tolerance, patience” “abundance of inner stock of energy to handle crisis”• Easy adjustment with people • Strength to manage resources of all types of nature optimally• Broad, accommodating • Power to accommodate attitude others’ opinion, channelize• Positive feelings and good their skills wishes for others • Drives away negativities such as anger and worry
2. Meditation charges the consciousness Positive & powerful thoughts (SOURCE) Consciousness should be charged with positiveWaste and Negative and powerful thoughts tothoughts make the mind energetic(LEAKAGE) MIND
2. Meditation charges the consciousness• Using an energetic mind, one can take responsibilities easily and fulfill them efficiently, meeting time and other constraints• Waste and negative thoughts de-energize the mind; meditation connects to the source to recharge again• Meditation provides the power to concentrate and control the mind - i.e. the power of silence, which then helps retain the positive energy within the mind.
2. Meditation charges the consciousness• Here meditation does not refer to any physical activity such as asana or pranayam• Meditation refers to positive thinking at all time during all activities which develops by devoting a special time to sit silently and generate positive thoughts
3. Meditation acts as a medicine Obesity of waste & negative thoughts MENTAL ILLNESS • frustration • emotional blockage •burnout Psychosomatic diseases
3. Meditation acts as a medicine• Meditation helps get rid of such mental illnesses. It is an exercise of the mind.• Meditation also brings unity in the Team through the feeling of oneness, of being children of one Father – the ocean of love, peace, knowledge and power• In the 21st century, a Sportsman should use meditation to remove stress and tension from the self and promote unity in the Team
4. Meditation magnetizes the mentalforceConflicting forces inside the mind tend to nullify the effect of each other. The personality becomes WEAK
4. Meditation magnetizes the mentalforce• Meditation aligns the internal forces and conflicting thoughts of the mind in a particulardirection•The alignment of mental forces is essential to maximize the output of mental energy•It would magnetize not only the Sportsman’s personality , but shall also align inner mentalforces of other employees to fulfill the tasks of the Team
5. Meditation purifies the mind Just as fire separates alloys from pure gold, similarly meditation separates negativities, vices, bad habits and nature from the pure and energetic mind with the use of spiritual power
5. Meditation purifies the mind andinculcate high degree of concentration •Meditation helps in focusing thoughts, just as a lens helps in focusing sun rays to create energy and burn combustible materials •Focused thoughts help penetrate through obstacles, and burn away weaknesses which are the seeds of personal and Teamal difficultiesWith the practice of meditation, a Sportsman can EASILY get rid of personal andTeam problems
6. Meditation helps in analyzing &positive futuristic approach “Provides Clean & clear intellect”• Helps perceive situations in advance• Gives the power to catch others’ thoughts accurately “Makes mind cool, calm, stable”• Vibrating mind misguides perceptions, feelings & calculation• With a stable mind one can observe things properly and analyze without error
Close Your Eye• Analyse whatever important event you have done• ( Last three hours you have done , Anslyse What positive u have work done, what could have done further better, or utlize your time in better way. Avoid negative and strengthen positive)• Apply continuously• Do not fight with darkness of negative thoughts ignite positive thoughts
6. Meditation helps in analyzing &forecastingA Sportsman working in an uncertain, unpredictable environment should devote timefor meditation and drive away anxiety and concern With the practice of meditation, a Sportsman can become an effective decision maker and forecaster
7. Meditation helps in mentalcommunication• Telepathy is not scientifically established• However, meditation may help communicate positive feelings and good wishes to one’s team members and subordinates, irrespective of physical distance• It also creates a harmonious environment in the sports/ team with positive vibration
MEDITATIONIt is the process of connecting our mind and intellect with the Supreme Soul SUPREME SOUL…… Father of all human beings Almighty authority Ocean of peace Treasure of divine virtues
MEDITATIONConnecting the mind and intellect with the Supreme Father not only purifiesthe mind but also broadens its outlook. This feeling of unity is essential for aSportsman to deal with the diversity in culture, religion, nationality, languageand education present within his Team and in world around.
• It rub away past negative impression and information from from soul , to start mind afresh• Help in rewritting the information• It illuminate soul to remove inner darkness of negativity and vices• It transform the life from unfortunate to fortunate• It strengthen the muscles of mind, intellect and brain
Conclusion• If you can control your mind and stray thoughts , there by focus and achieve high level of concentration it will certaintly enhance your efficiency / performance in the shooting sports
• One falls down because of slip by small stone• Slip in single small thought can cause major problems• “Chadeh to chakeh baikunth rash gire to chakna Chur”• A lot of people create enmity because of success with time they become powerful to tumble down our fortes of protection.