Downtown moves uptown to 9th and Market streets, 1918.
View of 10th and King streets in 1910 looking north, showing the old juxtaposed alongside the new. The DuPont Company building is at the far left, the Court House in the center, and early homes line King Street.
The DuPont Company building including the office space, hotel, ballroom and theater, towers over its neighbors. Photograph taken in 1919 just after the old court house was torn down.