People = all those who are interested and passionate about InfoSec and all that it covers!
What is ISE
• Virtual meetings for Information Security learning
• Informative sessions using common language
• Duration –one hour (max) who wants to be stuck to a
connection listening to a longer gyaan session !!
• It goes better – the sessions will actually be 15 / 20
min as a presentation or a video broadcast and
then… open discussion / questions
• Frequency at least twice a month late evening
• Schedule calendar published online (barcamp
VisionA platform where people volunteer and share their
knowledge and expertise in Information Security and
related subjects helping people learn through simple
MissionPeel the hype off information security concepts to
help people understand IS using common terms
and in their own language
Owner The guy who started this all and is using his free
conferencing account or paying for it!
Managers Guys, gals who have volunteered to help run ISE and
manage the loose ends so everyone benefits and has fun!
Presenters Volunteer experts and professionals who have agreed to
share their knowledge and resources.
Participants You! Anyone from anywhere who wants to get to know
about InfoSec or understand some complex components.
Someone who has been authorized by the community
members and is responsible to see that the content is not
complex or inappropriate
• Cyber security cases from media
• Report writing for InfoSec leets
• Incident Response (Public
• What is Information Security
• Information Security Certifications
(CISA, CISM, CISSP etc)
• A look at common infosec
technologies like SIEM, DLP
• Internet of Things
• Shape of things to come
• Analysis of InfoSec events from
• Risks and Threats
• Nigerian Scam
• Cyberwar and terrorism - a myth
• Cybercrime and increasing
• Cyber Patrolling and Intelligence
• Threat Intelligence
There can be hundreds of topics and this can go on
all our lives! A short listing is given below and more
topics will be added to the schedule based on
feedback from all stakeholders:
• Presentations should be short and simple
• Provide practical guidance and knowledge
• Presentation is followed up with 30 – 40 minutes of
discussions, questions and answers
• Discussions may not (necessarily) be on the same
• The presenter will plan the one hour
• Focus will be on one topic / subject in order not to
confuse the learner
• Presentation will be made in a manner that translation
Day Dreaming about the future
• ISE becomes the biggest repository of IS
• using commonly understood language
• Presentations are targeted in different
countries through their local presenters
• Are translated into Indian and Foreign
language by their presenters
License & Copyright
• All the programs are available for non-commercial
use under the Creative Commons license
• The license holder will be the person who has
created the course content.
• The course creator will be responsible for ensuring
all graphics and content is copyright compliant.
• Any copyright violations may please be informed
and site moderators will ensure the removal asap.
• We will ask you to provide your email address, phone number and some more contact and personal
• The information collected will be used to send emails or to connect with you otherwise to send out webinar
schedules, information and updates to help you attend the event or present.
• The information will be used to add you to our mailing list(s) whenever it is set up – these mailing list(s) will only
relate to ISE programs.
• No information will be shared with anyone without your permission nor will it be used to spam you with any
crappy schemes or offers.
• We assume that you accept this policy and that you provide your consent for the collection and use of your
• This policy may be updated by addition / deletion / update of terms and conditions from time to time, to reflect
changes in legislative or data retention / collection / storage environment – and you will be informed about
any changes for your consent and acceptance.
• All content on this platform is by way of voluntary contributions and the organizers are
not responsible for the same.
• Every contributor has undertaken to provide correct and appropriate content.
• The information is provided as-is without any warranties and use of the same may be
done by the users at their own risk.
• The presentations are created with the objective of providing information about
Information Security domains and may be accepted in the same spirit.
• Register as a Presenter: http://bit.ly/ISE-participate
• Register as a Participant: http://bit.ly/ISE-presenter
• Schedule Calendar
• Website for ISE
• Missing links will be added as information is online