A graphic organizer can help you memorize reading material better!
4. Studying for Exam: Organizing Information Topic Main Idea Important Details A Introduction/Lifestyles nowadays/Urban lifestyles Urban lifestyles seem to change very fast.
More than clothing and hairstyles.
(clothing, hairstyles, way of eating, exercising, etc…)
4. Studying for Exam: Organizing Information Topic Main Idea Important Details B Fads Almost nothing in modern life escapes the influence of fashion.
Fads change very fast
Everything can be fads, not only products.
4. Studying for Exam: Organizing Information Topic Main Idea Important Details C The Essence of a Fad A fad doesn’t last long/quickly disappears.
Green Peach swimsuits
4. Studying for Exam: Organizing Information Topic Main Idea Important Details D The reason for fads People want to be part of something new and creative.
Common in any country that has a strong consumer economy
4. Studying for Exam: Organizing Information Topic Main Idea Important Details E Fads and Trends Difficult to see the difference between a fad and a trend
A fad lasts a very short and not important
A trend lasts much longer and can develop to an essential part of life
4. Studying for Exam: Organizing Information Topic Main Idea Important Details F Trendspotting Trendspotting is an extremely important skill in the business world.
Trendspotter has a competitive edge over other companies
Trendspotter needs to be able to distinguish between a trend and a fad
4. Studying for Exam: Organizing Information Topic Main Idea Important Details G Popular Culture and the University Universities offer classes in pop culture (that means pop culture is very influential and important)
Graduates in pop culture are in need (Companies are seeking out graduates in pop culture)
5. Finding the Main idea
B. Trends , which are basically “long-lasting fads ,” are important for both social and business reasons.
8. Getting Meaning from Context
2. fashion that changes quickly or doesn’t last long
3. the central quality
4. money that companies keep after their expenses are paid
5. words or phrases that change in meaning
Getting Meaning from Context
6. a fad that lasts a long time and sometimes becomes an important part of our lives
7. the ability to identify a trend at an early stage
8. an advantage over other companies
9. to tell the difference
10. to sign up to take a class
9. Finding Details
Slang words Interest in health groovy, boss, awesome, rad, tubular aerobic exercise, kickboxing, organic vegetables, special diets
2. Analyzing Suffixes 1. N. 2. Adv. 3. N. 4. V. 5. N. 6. V. 7. N. 8. Adj 9. Adv. 10. Adj. 11. V. 12. N. 13. V. 14. Adj. 15. V. 16. Adv 17. N. 18. V. 19. N. 20. N. 21. N. 22. N/V. 23. N. 24. Adj.
3. Analyzing Prefixes 1. un 2. im 3. in 4. un 5. un 6. ir 7. un 8. in 9. un 10. dis 11. im 12. un