Or those like me who believe are IT Pro at least
Standing still with what is happening.Look at the movie... This is what is happening to use. Nobody is patient anymore. Everything is available instantly.This has not been arround for that long.... And it might sound normal.. But do believe it is really not.And we have to compete against that. If we as consultants want to remain in the game and satisfy customers, this is what we are dealing with...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk / HDDAnyways..
In dedicated mode servers in a separate Request Management farm are between the hardware load balancer and one or more SharePoint farms.
Each target has static waight & health weight
Throtteling rules – always come first and see if requests should be refused. Not linked to execution groups or routing rulesRouting rules are in execution groups. Only 3 exeution groups are availableAllows for rule presedence mgmt. Execution groups are always scanned in order - If match is found request is forwarded (importance of rule order) – if not matching rule is found > requests goes to all targets
A lot has changed, too much to name it all – providing overview and short demo
1. SharePoint 2013What’s new for the IT Pro
2. About me
3. Who knows this guy ?
4. Request Management
5. Request Management Service to manage incoming requests from IIS SP Throttling v2.0 Service Instance only – No Service App Bound to specific WebApp PowerShell only Dedicated mode or integrated mode
6. Request Management • SharePoint servers running SharePoint Foundation Web Routing targets application service Routing rules • Evaluation criteria before routing matching requests Throtteling rules • Evaluation Criteria before reviewing requests Execution Groups • Collection of routing rules Machine Pools • Collection of Routing targets
8. SharePoint 2013 - Social Communities Active Directory Import Microblogging & Feeds Like, Follow, Mention,Tags & Notes,... Distributed Cache (AppFabric) Document Shareing / Skydrive Pro
9. SharePoint 2013 - Search New architecture Continious crawling Search Dictionaries (Query Correction, Suggestions, Extractions) Result Sources (Federated locations & Scopes) Display Templates Search Schema (Managed Properties) Import/Export of Search settings Query Rules Result Types Increased power for site admin