1. PREPARED BY- JASHOBANTI BISWAL REGDN. NO-0901106119ELECTRICAL ENGINEEERING DEPARTMENT
2. Introduction Different mechanisms Spring coil mechanism Rack pinion mechanism MERITS and demerit scope and uses CONCLUSION
3. A large amount of energy is wasted at the speed breakers through friction , every time a vehicle passes over it.So electricity can be generated using the vehicle weight (potential energy) as input.So, this is a small step to try to improve this situation.
5. OUTOF THE ABOVE METHODS CRANK-SHAFT MECHANISM & ROLLER MECHANISM ARE NOT USED BECAUSE OF THE DEMERITS RELATED TO THESE METHODS. SOONLY SPRING COIL MECHANISM & RACK- PINION MECHANISM ARE DISCUSSED.
6. Working principle Conversion of mechanicalenergy to pneumatic energy which is converted to electical energy
7. Here we are making the speed breaker of vibrating type, when a vehicle crosses the speed breaker, it gets pressed and then it gets back to its original position. Dimensions of speed breaker:- Height : 0.2m Width : 0.4m Length : 4m
8. •The materialused in constructionof speed breakers issteel.•The shape of speedbreaker istrapezoidal .
9. • Height: 0.35m• Length : 4m• Width :0.45m• The bottom layer ofthe trench is filledwith concrete or withwooden plates of0.5m.•This is for cushioneffect.
10. The actual height of spring is 0.3m before loading. The deflection of the spring is given by δ = 64 w *n*N*R^3 /(Gd^4) where δ-deflection (in our case maximum δ =0.1m) w=designed load R= mean diameter of coil d =diameter of wire n=no of spring turns G= Modulus of rigidity = 8*10^4 N/mm2 N= No. of springs The no of turns in the spring to get the deflection of 0.1m is given by n= δGd^4/(64 w*N*R^3)
11. Vehicle approaching the speed breaker
12. Maximum load on the speed breaker is when the vehicle is on the middle of the speed breaker. When the load is on the speed breaker, the volume of air compressed by it is found by, Volume of compressed air = Volume of air in base – Volume of spring = (x m^3)/s
13. When the pressure in the FRL unit exceeds the defined level the valve opens and the pressurized air is given to the nozzle.
14. The diameter of the inlet of nozzle must be greater than outlet. Here the pressure energy is converted to kinetic energy i.e pressure→high velocity. This high velocity compressd air when hits the impeller ,makes it to rotate.
15. CONSISTS - Casing Runner and bucketsCASING- This is provided to safeguard device against accidents.
16. It consists of a circular disc on the periphery of which have number of buckets evenly spaced are fixed. Each bucket is divided in to 2 symmetrical parts by a dividing wall is know as splitter. When the air strikes the runner ,it rotates & continues rotation due to inertia.
17. An electrical generator is a machine which converts mechanical energy in to electrical energy. The output of the alternator is used to light the street lights & is rectified & stored in batteries.
18. PRINCIPLE MECHANICAL ENERGY ISCONVERTED TO ELECTRICAL ENERGY
19. The various machine elements used in the construction of power hump are RACK-PINION SPROCKETS GEARS FLY WHEEL SHAFT ELECTRIC GENERATOR
20. Transfers rotarymotion betweentwo shafts
21. The input geartransfers powerto the outputgear.
22. This is used to regulate the energy and maintain the energy at an uniform level so that the shaft rotate at an uniform r.p.m
23. Herethe reciprocating motion of the speed- breaker is converted into rotary motion using the rack and pinion arrangement. Rackand pinion gears normally change rotary motion into linear motion, but sometimes we use them to change linear motion into rotary motion.
24. The axis of the pinion is coupled with the sprocket arrangement. The axis of the smaller sprocket is coupled to a gear arrangement. Finally the gear arrangement is coupled with the generator
27. merits demerits Low Budget electricity We have to check production mechanism from time to Less floor area time No obstruction to traffic It can get rusted in rainy season Suitable at parking of multiplexes, malls, toll May not work with light booths, signals, etc. weight vehicles Less quantity
28. This mechanism is very economical and easy to install. Two protocols of this type of speed breakers are developed in India .not practically implemented till date. Practically implemented in New Jersy,China and Indonesia. Lots of researches and investgations are going on to practically utilise this technique.
29. The existing source of energy such as coal, oil etc may not be adequate to meet the ever increasing energy demands. These conventional sources of energy are also depleting and may be exhausted. These are some non-conventional methods of producing energy. This project is a one step to path of exploring the possibilities of energy from several non-conventional energy sources.