• You will be required to work more independently than you have been
• You will be given open ended projects to complete.
• Your work will be driven mainly by you and your research.
• You will need to research more widely around ideas and Artists work.
• You will have at least 5 hours of lessons a week.
• The aims of the course are to develop :
• intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive skills.
• Investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and
• The experience of working with a wide range of traditional and new
• Knowledge and understanding of Art, craft, design or textiles in a wide
variety of cultures.
As Level Art, Design and Textiles
• At As level you will be working with a Fine Art
Specification and an Art Textiles Specification.
• You will have to produce a Coursework Portfolio
worth 60% of your As Grade.
• You will also have to complete a Controlled
Assignment (Exam) worth 40% of your As Grade.
A2 Level Art, Design and Textiles
• At A2 level you will have to produce a Portfolio
of Work including a Personal Investigation.
Worth 60% of your A2 Grade.
• You will also have to complete an A2
Controlled Assignment, worth 40% of your A2
• You will need to be a dedicated and very
• You will need to be able to listen to and act
• You will need to be intelligent, imaginative
and creative with your work.
• Above all you MUST have a passion for the
• Graphic Designer
• Medical Illustrator
• Film Director
• Interior Designer
• Textile Designer