1. GTI Infotel is an ISO 9001:2008
organisation providing the healthcare
industry an open source EHR.
GTI Customizes, Installs & Support the
Electronic Health Record (EHR) System
2. Configuration, customization and
implementation of nursing module in
VistA hospital information system at
Jai Prakash Narayan Apex Trauma
Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi.
3. Key Learning
4. Review of literature
• Nursing User Manual of VistA
• Technical Manual and Package Security
• VistA CPRS Guide GUI version-2011
• www.va.gov/cprsdemo ,
• VistA-HealtheVet Monograph 2008 - 2009
5. • Smooth functioning of all sub modules in
VistA nursing modules at JPNATC
• Customization of CPRS template that
reflect the actual nursing work flow.
• Cofiguration of Nursing administration
menu( through PuTTy) in VistA nursing
6. Nursing module in VistA can deliver
7. The Nursing module is comprised of
multiple components - i.e., Nursing
Administration, Education & Training,
Nursing Schedules, Clinical Care, and
• Perform functional assessment in the
nursing administration department ,
emergency department and critical care to
assess need analysis
• Collect the current paper documents
convert them and create the templates in
CPRS test server to be used as electronic
9. Gap Analysis
Full utilisation of VistA nursing modules for electronically
(paperless) record all patient nursing care in ED and ICU.
Paper based patient nursing care record and report,
illegible,not timely,time consuming,not centrally
accessed.only one person can access record at a time
10. Indicators Current Situation Future State
Quantitative 5 to 10 % nursing
being done in
JPNATC ED and
95 to 100 %
nursing record and
report will be
Qualitative Compliance rate is
poor , no
entry by nurses or
All relevant data
11. Emergency Department clinical
TC no. generated Barcode stickers
Use for ID in all
Vitals and nurse notes
12. Medsphere CPRS templates
( downloadable ready to use )
13. PUTTY screen shots for nursing administration
GTM database accessed through PuttY :
14. VistA-Nursing module
• Administration, Education, Clinical, Quality Assurance,
and Package management
Tracks staff information.
Generates management reports on employees.
Accumulates daily statistics on the number of patients treated.
Generates daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly AMIS Reports.
Provides workload statistics based on AMIS data.
Provides miscellaneous patient acuity reports.
15. • Tracks staff information including:
personal/demographic data, previous
• experience, work assignments, grade,
licensure, professional education, end of
• license renewals, certification, vacancies,
reason for vacancy