1. Leading Business Transaction CategorySpecifies the leading business context in which a transaction type can be used (forexample, service, sales, activity).DependenciesThe leading business transaction category is not in a hierarchical relationship to the otherbusiness transaction categories assigned to a transaction type. It merely enters apreference. A transaction with the business transaction categories sales and businessactivity would, for example, be more likely to have sales as a leading businesstransaction category than business activity. In the locator for transaction processing, atransaction with this transaction type would be displayed as a sales transaction, not as abusiness activity.ExampleWhen creating a business transaction type "standard order", you would choose Sales as aleading business transaction category. You could however also assign the businesstransaction category Activity.Status object type in CRM business transactionSpecifies with which status object type the status object of a CRMbusiness transaction orof a CRM business transaction item should be created.UseIf this field is empty, the status object type COI is chosen for the item and the statusobject type COH for the header.The allowed status object types must be specified in the CRMC_OBJ_TYPE table. Thistable is a system table. Changes to the table count as a modification.The option of creating the status objects for the business transaction with a separate statusobject type is particularly useful for business transactions (for example, Leasing) that areheavily based on status management and therefore use a different status control than thestandard.No Change Document Update for Transaction TypeSpecifies whether the change documents should be updated for the document tables forthe transaction type, and whether the system should therefore create a change history.Definition of item categories:CRM Item Object TypeDefines the business context for an item category.
2. Assign BW and COControls the assignment of the item in the Business Information Warehouse (BW) andControlling (CO).UseThese entries make it possible to separate the various business scenarios for BWreporting and controlling.For items with the following item object types, the "Sales" or "Service" assignments arepossible:SalesComplaintsCredit memoDebit memoReturnsFree-of-charge delivery,Example: You can assign a sales item to the "Service" scenario, for example, todistinguish between new business and replacement parts business.If you do not make an entry in this field, "sales" is taken as the default.For item object categories from service, an assignment is always made to the "service"scenario. This field therefore cannot be maintained.Billing RelevanceSpecifies one of the following billing scenarios for an item category:Not Relevant for BillingThe item category is not relevant for billing (for example, a free-of-charge delivery itemor quotation item).External BillingBilling takes place in SAP ERP (for example, for sales orders or contract release orders)or in another external system.Transaction-related billing:Billing After Contract ReleaseThe order quantity is billed for the contract once it is released.Transaction-Related Billing According to Order QuantityThe order quantity is billed for a transaction, for example, a credit memo requestresulting from a complaint.Transaction-Related Billing After CompletionThe order quantity is billed once a transaction (primarily a service order) is completed.Delivery-related billing:Transaction-Related Billing According to Delivery Quantity
3. The cumulated delivery quantity is billed for a transaction (the SAP ERP deliverytransfers the delivery quantity to the SAP CRM transaction).Note: With this setting, you must make sure that the relevant item category in SAP ERPis defined as not relevant for billing.Delivery-Related BillingDeliveries created in SAP ERP after goods issue are billed in SAP CRM. We recommendthis setting since the billing documents that are created relate to individual deliveries.Note: With this setting, you must make sure that the relevant item category is set to Q inthe SAP ERP.Delivery-Related Billing - No Zero QuantitiesDeliveries with a quantity of zero are not billed. If you use bills of materials or batches,the delivery has a zero product quantity in the main item. In the subitems, the product islisted with the batch and the relevant quantity. With this setting, only the subitems arebilled.Usage-based billing for service contracts:Usage-Based Billing After PrebillingUsage-Based Billing After Pool PrebillingFor both of the above, items are only billed after prebilling has taken place.Value-Based Billing After ApprovalClaims relating to trade promotions are settled after approval.Note:This setting also plays a role for payment card authorizations. The system must recognizewhether a value needs to be determined for the authorization. This is always the casewhen an item is relevant for billing.Define Item Category GroupWith the help of the item category group, you review the various products from abusiness view for item category determination. Enter the item category group for eachproduct in the product master.During business transaction processing, the system creates the item category from theitem category group for the product, and from the business transaction category, andproposes it in the document. You can assign item categories to business transaction typesand item category groups in the process Maintain item category determination.Define Item Category DeterminationIn this process, you can define, per business transaction category and item categorygroup, which item categories the system defaults for processing business transactions. Atthe same time, you can define which item categories can alternatively be enteredmanually for system default. There are a maximum of three alternative item categoriespossible.
4. For example, if you enter a product with the item category group NORM in a sales order,the SAP system creates the item category allowed by assigning the item categoriesallowed for business transaction categories to item category groups.The system proposal and the alternatives possibly allowed are always created from thebusiness transaction category as well as from one or two further dependant criteria. Thesystem default is dependant on the following criteria:Business transaction typeItem category groupItem category for higher-level itemItem category usageDepending on the transaction type and business transaction category, it does not alwaysmake sense to assign item categories to the transaction type. Each item category isassigned to an item object category, which should only be used in certain businesstransaction categories.RecommendationYou can start differenty with the assignment, depending on the the output situation:If you define a new business transaction type, you should define the default item categoryand the item categories allowed for the products, which are represented by the itemcategory groups.If you define a new item category, you should, for the products which are represented bythe item category group, define for which business transaction types an item category isproposed, or which item category is possible.If you define a new item category group, you should enhance the assignment of an itemcategory to business transaction categories with these new item category groups.ActivitiesTo define item category determination, for example, take the following steps:1. Choose the business transaction type from which you want to assign item categories.2. Then choose an item category group.3. For the combination of business transaction type and item category group, enter allitem categories allowed.In the case of an item without reference to a product, you must enter the correspondingitem usage.In the case of an item category which is to be proposed in the sales document, you mustselect the combination of item category, item category group and business transactiontype as a default value.4. Enter, if necessary, one to a maximum of three item categories, with which the systemdefault can be overwritten manually during business transaction processing.
5. Further notesPossible occurence of item object categories within a business transaction:Key:+ necessary for minimal integrityo optionalActivity taskActivity contactOpportunity o Opportunity itemService contract o customer billing request itemo Customer financing itemo Customer credit memo request itemo Reference object itemo Service contract itemo Service itemService confirmation o Service confirmation itemService transaction o Sales order itemo Customer substitute delivery itemo Customer billing request itemo Customer credit memo request itemo Customer complaints itemo Customer returns itemo Reference object itemo Service contract itemo Service itemSales contract o order itemo Customer billing request itemo Customer financing itemo Customer credit memo request itemo Customer contract itemo Customer returns itemo Reference object itemo Service contract itemo Service itemSales transaction o order itemo Customer substitute delivery itemo Customer billing request itemo Customer credit memo request itemo Customer contract itemo Customer complaints item
6. o Customer returns item o Customer returns: return delivery item o Reference object item o Service contract item o Service itemTendering o tendering itemProcurement confirmation + procurement confirmation itemPurchase order o purchase order itemBidder-quotation o bidder quotation itemPurchasing contract + vendor contract itemIncoming invoice + incoming invoice item
7. SAP CRM Business TransactionsWhat ?In SAP CRM you have different kinds of business transactions, and they depend on thebusiness scenario in which they are used. Business transactions in SAP CRM are used todescribe business processes and transactions.A Business transaction provides businessstructures and functions that can be used in the various processes of a company, forexample, in sales, marketing or service. In order to understand what exactly a businesstransaction is, you should at least understand the following aspects:1.1.Customizing Transaction Types:A transaction type defines the attributes and characteristics of a business transaction (forexample, sales order, service request, visit) and the controlling attributes (for example,text determination procedure, partner determination procedure, status profile,organizational data profile). A transaction type controls how a specific businesstransaction is processed.A transaction type is assigned to one or more business transaction categories (such as,sales, activity). The business transaction category specifies the business context in whicha transaction type can be used (for example, service, sales, activity). One businesstransaction category is the leading business transaction category. This category is simplya preference and is not related hierarchically to the other business transaction categories.A sales transaction with business activity data, for example, would be more likely to havesales as a leading business transaction category than business activity.>> Customizing path (SPRO): SAP IMG > Customer Relationship Management>Transactions > Basic Settings > Define Transaction typesAn example of a Standard SAP Transaction type for sales order processing in SAP CRMis called TA -standard order. This is a template from SAP that is used in the Salesscenario for sales order processing.If we take a look at the customizing settings for this transaction type you will see thefollowing:Transaction Type Customizing Settings
8. The Highlighted line tells you that the Transaction type TA is called a "standard order"and it is currently marked as inactive. This means no-one can actually use thistransaction type in the SAP CRM system. Furthermore you can also see that thetransaction type TA belongs to the leading transaction category BUS2000115 (SALES)which is very relevant later on when looking at the CRM authorisation concept forBusiness transaction processing.Transaction Type Details
9. In this screenshot you see the relevant configuration settings for the transaction type TA.This configuration is normally done by Functional CRM consultants like myself. Itinvolves changing the settings in the SAP system to adjust the default functions to thecustomers unique business requirements - so the various nuts and bolts (parameterization- no programming involved).
10. The most important things that are relevant for your security concept with regards tobusiness transaction processing will be:- the technical name of your Transaction type = eg. TA- the leading transaction category to which a particular transaction type belongs to (forTA this is BUS2000115 - sales process)- the Status Profile (in this example CRMORDER)- the partner determination procedure (in this example 00000001 -sales)* Leading Transaction Category: The leading transaction category determines thestructure of the business transaction. For example, contact, opportunity, sales, service.As an example: Tasks have only a header level whereas leads, opportunities and servicetransactions have a header and item level. Sales transactions have an additional scheduleline level (delivery quantities and delivery dates, possibly after an ATP check).* Transaction Codes for business transaction processing (SAPGUI):Most consultants using the SAP GUI would use the transaction code CRMD_ORDER tocreate a new business transaction. This is actually a generic transaction code to create anytype of business transaction. I usually do not give this transaction code to end-usersalthough it is harmless as such, if you do not have the correct authorisation values for thebusiness transaction processing relevant authorisation objects anyway.The reason why I do not give it to end-users is since it does not reflect an easy andefficient overview of WHAT the user is allowed to do, considering that each leadingtransaction category also has its own particular transaction code. Lets say I am an end-user and I am only allowed to process leads in the system, than looking at SUIM does notreally tell me this fact, because finding back the tcode CRMD_ORDER is not giving methis information. However, If I would find back the transaction codeCRMD_BUS2000108 I would know he is only allowed to process leads but for exampleno opportunities. (* this remark is not entirely true, but still the picture should becomeclear).Table showing the relationship between: Leading Transaction category - RelevantTransaction Code - Relevant transaction category related authorization object
11. This information will become clear to you once you have read and understand theauthorization check process flow that takes place during business transaction processing.GO BACK to the CRM AUTHORIZATION INDEX PAGE1.2. Partner Determination ProcedureHere you will learn the options and functions associated with partner processing inbusiness transactions.Partner processing controls how the system works with business partners in transactions.It ensures the accuracy of partner data in transactions by applying rules you specify inCustomizing, and it makes your work easier by automatically entering certain partnersand related information, like addresses.One of the most important aspects of partner processing is partner determination, theprocess by which the system automatically finds and enters the partners involved in atransaction. In most transactions, you manually enter one or more partners, and thesystem enters the others through partner determination. Various sources of informationmake partner determination possible; two of the most important are business partnermaster data and organizational data.Please refer to the SapHelp on Partner Processing to get a complete insight!<<< In transaction processing, you want to ensure that the business partnersinvolved in a transaction are automatically determined by the system.>>>* Which external partners are involved - for example, supplier or payer?* Which business partners MUST be involved in a business transaction (Mandatory)?
12. * Which internal business partners are involved - for example, responsible employees,service technician groups?* Where does the system look for involved partners (based on access sequences)?Customizing path: SAP IMG > Customer Relationship Management > BasicFunctions > Partner Processing: - Define Partner Functions - Define Access Sequences - Define Partner Determination Procedure1.2.1. Define Partner FunctionsPartner functions are terms that describe the people and organizations with whom you dobusiness, and who are therefore involved in transactions. For example, when you createan activity, based on Customizing settings, it automatically includes the partner functionsActivity Partner, Contact Person, and Person Responsible. Partner functions are alwaysassigned to Partner function Categories , which are hard-coded in the system.The system includes commonly used partner functions, but you can also define your own.Screenshot of Partner Functions in SAP CRMIn this section of customizing you can define your own set of partner functions, whichcan be used when defining your partner determination procedure. E.g. if you define a newactivity management related transaction type, for example "customer appointment" youwill usually create a copy of a standard transaction type. In this case it would probably bea copy of the standard transaction type 0000 - Apppointment. Next, if your companyhas defined its own partner functions, you can integrate those in a NEW partner
13. determination procedure which you will create once again by making a copy of00000002 - business activities.
14. SAP CRM – Service Order to InvoiceSAP CRM service functionality enables you to manage your service cycles, starting withmanaging service contracts and warranties, through service requests to service orders,complaints, returns and service confirmations. This post describes a typical serviceprocess in SAP CRM from receiving customer incoming call to billing the customer forthe service performed.1. Service Interaction CenterThe service agent receives the customer call. The customer can automatically identifiedusing the phone number. The service agent can also use search function to identifycustomers in the system. Then agent chooses the corresponding insalled base componentaccording to the conversation. After completing the account identification, all thefollowing business transactions are based on theses selected information.If agent decides a service technician must check the issue on-site, he creates a serviceorder.2. Maintain Service OrderAfter the service agent creates the service order, the service employee can view the list ofnew created service orders. He can assign the service employee group to the businesspartner list. After changing the service order, the status must be set to released for furtherprocessing.
15. 3. Resource Planning and AllocationThe service manager assigns free resources to service order. He searches the availabletechnician according to certain criteria. Then he highlights the free resource and servicedemand and creates the assignment. The service technician now can see the task in hisinbox.4. Service ConfirmationAfter performing the service on-site, the technician wants to create the serviceconfirmation to enter the actual used time and spare parts. He create service confirmationusing ‘Create Follow-Up’ button in the service order detail screen.
16. 5. Invoicing in ERPAfter the service confirmation has been created, the service employee needs to create theinvoice to charge customer the service performed. This activity is performed in ERPsystem. Because the service order information is CRM is replicated to ERP system usingmiddleware, he can create the billing document using bill due list.Above are the basic steps for SAP CRM service order to invoice business process.
17. Action Profiles in SAP-CRMBy Kanika Chopra, Infosys1 INTRODUCTION1.1 ACTIONSActions are used in maintaining and improving business relationships. We can schedule and startpredefined conditions with the Actions component by means of user-definable conditions fromtransaction and marketing objects.Actions use the Post Processing Framework (PPF), a Basis component, which can be automatedwith the initiation of outputs, follow-on documents or workflows. Using the Actions tab page within
18. a business document, you can display a list of actions that can be included in the businesstransaction. • An action profile is determined from the corresponding transaction type or item category. • Actions are stored as action definitions within an action profile. • You can control action processing using different settings and parameters: • Action changeable or executable in dialog • Action displayed in toolbar (SAP GUI) • Processing time (when saving the document or via selection report) • Partner dependence • Determination technique • Action merging • Processing types (with entry of the desired form name)1.2 FEATURES OF ACTIONSYou can define actions dependent on conditions so that the system automatically schedules andstarts them when the conditions are fulfilled. With actions you can: • Create follow-up transactions automatically • Execute changes in the transaction or marketing object currently being processed, for example, create new items, or status inheritance by subordinate elements in marketing objects • Output in print, by faxing or e-mailActions are displayed in transaction documents that support actions and to which an actionprofile is assigned. You can display a list of actions scheduled for the document on the Actionstab page of a transaction document. The following information is displayed in the list for eachaction: • Status (action scheduled, action processed) • Description (purpose of action) • Conditions (settings for action definition and conditions are displayed) • Creator, Creation dateThere are various processing types for actions:
19. • Methods (Business Add-Ins) Methods are Business Add-In (BADI) implementations. You can define your own BADI implementation to adapt actions to your processes and needs. (EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF is the relevant BADI.) Examples for standard methods include the following: • COPY_DOCUMENT (create a follow-up document) • COMPLETE_DOCUMENT (set status completed within document) • CREDIT_MEMO (create credit memo item) • REPAIR_ITEM (create a repair item) • 1O_EVENT_CREATE (create a workflow event)• SAP Business Workflow This is suitable for more complex processes, for example, a follow-up transaction that includes an approval process.• Smart Forms SAP Smart Forms must be used to print, e-mail or fax documents such as an order confirmation. You can use the graphics tool, SAP Smart Forms, to design the layout of output forms. SAP delivers several Smart Forms for outputs in SAP CRM: • Form CRM_ORDER_CONFIRMATION_01 (suitable for faxes, letters, and e- mail) • Form CRM_ORDER_LEASING_01 (suitable for faxes, letters, and e-mail) • Form CRM_OPPORTUNITY_01 (suitable for faxes, letters, and e-mail) SAP Smart Forms offer the advantage of adapting forms without requiring programming knowledge, thanks to a completely graphical user interface. When you request a printout of a form, the application program obtains the relevant data to be used and prints it on the form. Data retrieval and form logic are separated from one another.
20. SAP Smart Forms replace SAP-Script forms (migration from SAP-Script forms to Smart Forms is supported).2.0 HOW TO CREATE AN ACTION2.1 STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE2.1.1 Enter into any SAP-CRM Server and move to Transaction SPRO.2.1.2 Press SAP Reference IMG -> Customer Relationship Management ->Basic Functions ->Actions -> Actions in Transactions.
21. 2.1.3 To create an Action Profile – Click on . First read thedocumentation.2.1.4 Now Press the Execute Button to start creating an Action Profile.
22. Adding New Fields to the Business TransactionUsing the Easy Enhancement Workbench (EEW), you can add new fields to the datamodel of the business transaction, and integrate them into the business processes. SAPCRM supports you with the following functions: • Addition of new fields, which you can then manually integrate into the user interface • Transfer of new fields to the Mobile Bridge (interface with CRM Mobile) • Transfer of new fields to SAP ECC • Inclusion and update of new fields in DataSources for SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence (SAP BI)For these functions, the system automatically generates all necessary objects and tableentries.
23. Process 1. To add new fields to the business transaction, use the business object CRM Business Transaction and create an enhancement of the type Add New Fields. 2. Select business transaction categories that you wish to enhance, for example, Opportunity, Sales, Service. Depending on the business transaction categories, oThe fields for the business transaction categories that have not been selected are not displayed on the interface o Only DataSources for the selected business transaction categories are enhanced o The system determines the subobjects of the business transaction (for example, product data, pricing data) that can be enhanced o The system determines whether a transfer to the SAP CRM Mobile Client or to SAP ECC is relevant 3. You specify for which connected systems the fields are relevant, for example, SAP NetWeaver BI, SAP ECC. Transfer of fields to the SAP CRM Mobile Client is only an option if you have selected at least one of the following business transaction categories: o Activity o Contact o Opportunity o Sales o Service o Service confirmation Transfer of fields to SAP ECC is only an option if you have selected the business transaction categories Sales or Complaints. Note • You cannnot make enhancements to the SAP CRM Mobile Client or in SAP NetWeaver BI, in SAP CRM. You must manually maintain the enhancements in the Mobile Application Studio or in SAP NetWeaver BI. • If you use SAP ECC, append structures are generated there in sales order tables, and the fields are transferred to the sales order in SAP ECC. There is no automatic transfer to delivery or billing. The fields do not appear on the user interface. • If you want to add new fields to the item data of activities, you have to make additional settings in Customizing. To do this, choose Customer Relationship Management Transactions Settings for Activities Activity Journal Additional Fields , in the SAP CRM Implementation Guide (IMG).
24. Technical ImplementationThe EEW creates the following repository objects and table entries, in accordance withyour entries: • A data element for each field • Customer include structure CI_EEW_<subobject>, for each subobject to which fields are added • A dictionary structure with the new fields for each subobject. This structure is included in the customer include structure. • Enhancement of the synchronization BDoc for the SAP CRM Mobile Client, as well as a BAdI implementation for transferring fields to and from the SAP CRM Mobile Client • BAdI implementation that maps the fields to the sales fields in SAP ECC (and vice versa), as well as append structures in SAP ECC • Append structures for the relevant SAP NetWeaver BI DataSources, a BAdI implementation that fills the fields, as well as the required metadata • Append structures for the structures of the External Interface adapter (XIF adapter)The following business transaction components can be enhanced, that is they offer acustomer include structure for new fields. Business Transaction Technical Name of Business Transaction Component ComponentGeneral header data ORDERADM_HGeneral item data ORDERADM_IActivity data ACTIVITY_HOpportunity data OPPORT_HLead data LEAD_HProduct data PRODUCT_IFinancing product data FINPROD_ISales data SALESShipping data SHIPPINGBilling data BILLINGOrganizational data ORGMANPricing data PRICINGPricing result PRICING_ISchedule lines SCHEDLINService item data SERVICE_IUser-defined header data CUSTOMER_HUser-defined item data CUSTOMER_IFund header data FUND_H
25. Enhancement of Customer-Specific Business Transaction Components andDisplay in the CRM WebClient UIIf you have enhanced the business transaction components Customer_H for customer-specific header data, or Customer_I for customer-specific item data, you can easilydisplay the new fields in the CRM WebClient UI. You do this by using the UIConfiguration Tool in the Customizing activity at Customer Relationship Management UI Framework UI Framework Definition Configure User Interface .By default, the corresponding BSP components BTCUSTOMER_H for customer-specificheader data, or BTCUSTOMER_I for customer-specific item data, are available in therespective overview pages of the header- or item components of the businesstransactions, as available assignment blocks.For example, the view SOHOverView of BSP component BT115H_SLSO, which depictsthe overview page for the sales order header, contains the BSP componentBTCUSTOMER_H. The view SOIOverView of BSP component BT131I_SLS, whichdepicts the overview page at item level, contains the BSP component BTCUSTOMER_I.So that the new fields in the CRM WebClient UI can be displayed in the Customer Fieldsassignment block, you must still transfer these BSP components to the list of displayedassignment blocks, in the respective overview pages.You must also create at least one configuration, with which you define the layout, for theview CustomerI of BSP component BTCUSTOMER_I, or for the view CustomerH ofBSP component BTCUSTOMER_H. You thereby define how the fields in the assignmentblock are displayed.ResultYou have created a field or several fields for the business transaction categories specifiedby you, and the system has created the required repository objects and table entries. Youcan then add the field to the user interface, using the UI Configuration Tool.More InformationYou can find general information about the Easy Enhancement Workbench in SAP CRMat Easy Enhancement Workbench.SAP CRM – EEW(Easy Enhancement Workbench)The Easy Enhancement Workbench is a development tool with which SAP applications(called Business Objects in the following document) can be extended in a simple manner.
26. Customer enhancements to a Business Object are defined via wizards. The Workbenchthen does all development work for the user: database tables, screens and applicationlogic are created automatically. Finally the customer enhancement is included in the SAPstandard. This post will show you how to enhance SAP business transaction step by step.Step 1.Create a new project.Go to transaction code EEWB and choose ‘Create Project’. Enter project name andpackage name.Step 2.Assign the transport to the project.So that the extension objects generated by the Easy Enhancement Workbench can beused in the productive system, the Easy Enhancement Workbench is connected to theChange and Transport System. To include the objects in requests, transport requests mustbe assigned to the transportable projects of the Easy Enhancement Workbench.Step 3.Create A new Extension
27. Step 4. Follow the extension wizard to add new fieldsIn the wizard, you can choose which business transaction categories do you want toenhance. Then you can define new added fields with data type and length. Once youfinish the definition of extension, the EEWB will automatic generate everything for you.There are also lots of limitations of EEW generation. For example, Only the first 10generated extensions are automatically shown in SAPGUI on a tabstrip called “Customerfields”. For more detail information, please find below SAP Note:
28. SAP CRM Territory Management is a tool that is designed to structure and organizemarkets by dividing it into territories through a territory hierarchy.You use a territory hierarchy in the following cases: • To better segment your sales market. With different levels, you can define who will be responsible for a particular territory at a particular point and the accounts and products that will be part of that territory • Monitor and administer your market at the desired level of granularity. Levels need to be defined as n-tier stack, each one with it’s own Territory ID length, hierarchy can thus be created accordingly strictly to the defined n-levels. But not every hierarchy level has to be sub-structured to the maximum n-tier.The territory hierarchy is linked to the organizational model via the position of theemployee responsible. You can adapt the territory hierarchy or structure to an existingorganizational model structure and assign employees to territories, based on this.While the organizational model reflects the internal view of your organization, theterritory hierarchy reflects the market view. Changes to the territory hierarchy occur morefrequently than changes to the organizational model. The customer base can increase ordecrease, and territories must be resized or reallocated to accommodate this, to ensurethat a sales representative has the appropriate workload.SAP territory management has below features:Initial design and assignment
29. This includes defining territory hierarchy levels, creating territories, assigning businessrules to a territory to define its scope, and assigning employees responsible for them.RestructuringYou can analyze “what if” scenarios by simulating changes to territories without actuallychanging the underlying territory data.Continuous managementIf a change you make to a territory affects that territory’s relationship with accounts,products or sales area (master data changes), you have to run the Update TerritoryRelationships report.
30. Texts in SAP CRM – Text DeterminationThere are three Elements to configuring Text in SAP CRM • Text Types • Text Determination Procedure • Access SequencesText Types are names of the Text containers. SAP CRM supplies an exhaustive set ofText Types but new ones can be defined. These are also associated with “Objects” inCRM like Business Partner Master Data and Transactions.
31. Text Determination Procedure is essentially a collection of Text Types. This procedure isassigned to CRM Objects. This way the Objects in CRM are associated with Text TypesFor Each Text type in the Procedure, an Access Sequence is assigned. Access sequencedetermines where to fetch the text that needs to be populated into a Text Type. Thus,either User can input the text or it can be copied from other locations .For Example, Access sequence for a Text type in a transaction can be set to fetch the textfrom Text Type in Business Partner Master Data.
32. Tagged as: Access Sequence, Business Partner, Partner, Text, Text Determination NoComments16May/101Organization Model in SAP CRM Part 4 – OrgDetermination in TransactionsOrganization Model in SAP CRM not only helps in mapping the software representationof the organization hierarchy, but also helps automatically determine the organization atransaction will belong to when properly configured for "Organization DeterminationProcedure" in Transactions. For example, a new lead transaction for a customer can lookup at the address and determine which sales agent it needs to be assigned to and whichSales office and which Sales Manager will be working on this lead. The system uses theAttributes defined for different organizations to determine appropriate assignments
33. Connected Posts Organization Model in SAP CRM Part 2 - Define StructureTagged as: Business Partner, Organization, Partner 1 Comment5May/100Organization Model in SAP CRM Part 2 – DefineStructureSAP CRM Organization Structure model can be used to map the company Organizations,Positions and Partners ( Company Employees and Business Partners like external SalesAgencies and Agents).
34. When defining structure, organizational attributes also can be defined.Tagged as: Organization, Partner, Relationship, Role No Comments19Mar/100Business Partners in SAP CRM_Part 4 – BPRelationships
35. Relationship category, in SAP CRM defines the context inwhich two Business partners are related to each other.Some examples of Business Partner Relationship are:“Is Employee of"“Is an End-Customer of”“Is a Sales Agent of”“Is a ship to party of”“Is a Contact Person for” “Has Contact Person”“Is Married to”“Is Channel Partner for”“Is Share Holder of”Business Relationships define nature of alliance between two Business partners.If this relationship is defined in one of the partner records, the corollary relationship isautomatically defined by the system.Thus if we define :Business Partner X “Is Employee of” Business Partner YThen following relationship gets defined in the system:Business Partner Y “Has the Employee” Business Partner X
36. Since the relationship and and any data connected to relationship is common to both thepartners, this data can be maintained only once and available as ‘relationship data’ thanthe data that is tied down to any particular Business partner record.Thus If we define :Business Partner X “Is Share Holder of” Business Partner YAnd we define the percentage of shares held, then this information is available in whenwe view either Business Partner X or Business Partner YNew Relationship categories can be defined in SAP CRM through the configurationRelationships in Business partner Master Data help to determine appropriate BusinessPartners for a transactionTagged as: Business Partner, Partner, Relationship No Comments18Mar/104Business Partners in SAP CRM_Part 3 – BP RolesBusiness Partners can have several Roles.The examples of Roles are • Business Partner-General • Sold-To-Party • Ship-To-Party • End Customer
37. • Sales Agent • Contact Person • EmployeeBusiness Roles define the context and data required for Business partners that engage incertain Business Processes. All Business partners are created in Business Partner –General Role which requires very basic data like Name and address of the customer. Thebusiness partner can be created in a new role as ‘ship-to-party’ and adding relevant datathat pertains to shipping requirements for the partner.There is a cross checking relationship between BP Roles and BP Categories. ForExample, if a BP is created in Role ‘Employee’, then they must have been created in BPCategory ‘Person or Individual’ but not in category ‘Organization’.Essentially, by extending Business Partners into different Roles, the role connectedinformation is added to the basic business partner data.Later, when business partner engages in various processes, they can only be assigned todifferent processes and documents if they have been appropriately extended in the rolethe business context needs. For example a Business Partner cannot to assigned as a SalesAgent, if this person is not extended in the Role as Sales Agent.The out-of-the-box system has several Roles already defined. But additional roles can bedefined in SAP CRM.Tagged as: Business Partner, Partner, Role 4 Comments15Mar/100Business Partners in SAP CRM_Part 1 – Master data
38. Business partner is a term used to denote a commercial entity with which anothercommercial entity has some form of alliance. In SAP CRM, Business Partner Master orCustomer Master stores all the data related to Business Partners. Business Partner Can be:Tagged as: Business Partner, Partner No Comments11Mar/100How to Set Up Business Partner Determination inmySAP CRM Partner processing is a basic function in transactionprocessing that includes the partner determination procedure, which the system uses tofind and enter partners in transactions automatically. Partner processing also providesinformation about the business partner in a document. For example, it can tell you whichbusiness partner to use as the ship-to party or the address number to use. Partner
39. processing also ensures that you can implement different partners in a businesstransaction. For example, in an order with 10 items, you might have two items to deliverto another ship-to party or a different address.Business partners occur in different functions (business and organizational) for mySAPCRM business transactions such as sales, activities, or service notifications. For example,when processing an order, you need at least a sold-to party (person ordering), a ship-toparty (person receiving the goods), a bill-to party (person receiving the invoice), and apayer (person that pays).Building Blocks of Partner Processing: Customization Requirements of Partner Processing:
40. What is the difference between an activity and a task in CRM?An activity is created with reference to the customer, and an activity is always public.Examples of activities are a customer visit, a call back to a customer, an outbound phonecall, an inbound phone call, an outbound e-mail and an inbound e-mail.A task is created with reference to an employee of the organization. Tasks can be publicor private. A sales rep can create tasks as private to follow up with a customer. Examplesof tasks are a call to a customer or a customer survey.Task is planned one. Activity is actually what have been done.A task can be said to be on a level above the activities. A task can be a planned group ofactivities. For example the task can be a maintenance of the motor assembly and andthere might be a task list for this maintenance and each item of this list can be an activity.for example open the coil casing is an activity perfomed for the task of maintenance ofmotor.