1. EHR AllianceAllscripts; Athenahealth; Cerner; Greenway Medical Technologies and McKesson
2. HIMSS- Healthcare Information andManagement Systems Society On Monday 4th March, 2013 at the HIMSS conference, five EHR vendors announced the launch of a new alliance aimed at supporting greater access to health data through improved interoperability. 1. Allscripts 2. Athenahealth 3. Cerner 4. Greenway 5. Mckesson
3. EHR Market According to a McKesson spokesperson, the participating vendors together represent the following: 41% of the hospital EHR market 23% of the ambulatory care EHR market
4. RelayHealth RelayHealth, a subsidiary of McKesson, also is participating in the project. EPIC System: The largest EMR software in the market is not showing any interest with the alliance. It raising many questions among the industry. 1. The alliance drawing the line to hit the EPIC system 2. Alliance is part of an effort to counter Epics dominance
5. Billing Industry under EHR Already some of Hospitals in California struggling with EHR implementations. Most of them searching a third part billing company to take care of the billing services. BillingParadise(http://www.billingparadise.com ) advising to go with EHRs like PRACTICEFUSION. So how the alliance going to bust the leaders like PF, EPIC and all??
6. Details of the Alliance According to the announcement, the alliance will work to create: •A centralized EHR locator service to identify which participating providers have records for specific patients; and •A system for "simple patient-centered management of data-sharing consents and authorizations."
7. Presentation By BillingParadise HTTP://BILLINGPARADISE.COM