Slides from the January 2011 meeting of IxDA State College, featuring the announcement of a project with the ClearWater Conservancy and various presentations on interaction design and development
Slides from the January 2011 meeting of IxDA State College, featuring the announcement of a project with the ClearWater Conservancy and various presentations on interaction design and development processes.
5. Big Announcement! IxDA Mission We believe that the human condition is increasingly challenged by poor experiences. IxDA intends to improve the human condition by advancing the discipline of Interaction Design. To do this, we foster a community of people that choose to come together to support this intention. IxDA relies on individual initiative, contribution, sharing and self- organization as the primary means for us to achieve our goals.
6. Big Announcement! How can we, as a group of professionals withcommon interests, improve the human condition? By helping a non-profit that also seeks to improvethe human condition!
7. Big Announcement! Jennifer Shuey Executive Director
8. Big Announcement!Core Project Team: –Jennifer Shuey: Business goals –Scott Woods: Development –Dan Rowland: Graphic design –Sarah Bailey: Marketing –Brian Hoffman: Interaction design –You: Everything else!
9. Processes People can be passionate about their processes!
10. Processes What process will we use to accomplish this task?
12. Traditional Waterfall Model
13. Web ReDesign: Workflow that Works
14. Usability Professionals Assoc.
15. Brannen Usable Brands (DE)
16. Processes Dennis J. Schleicher Jr. User Experience & Information Architecture Lancaster, PA
18. Processes Scott Woods West Arete Computing State College, PA
19. Spiral Model
20. Rational Unified Process (RUP)
21. Elements of User ExperienceJesse James Garrett
22. Boxes and ArrowsAnthony Colfelt
23. Tallans Agile User Experience Design
24. Next Meeting Wedneday, February 16 Champs Sports Grill on North Atherton Informal dinner meeting Upstairs loft in back
25. Dinner In the back room after meeting If youre staying... Separate checks (sorry!)