SIR. R. VENKATESH.
FACULTY, DOS IN COMMERCE.
• MEANING AND DEFINITION.
• SECURITY LEVEL AND CONTROLS IN TALLY.
• CREATING SECURITY LEVELS
• ENABLING SECURITY CONTROL FOR A
• DISABLING SECURITY CONTROL.
• Tally Solutions Pvt Ltd is a Bangalore-based
software company that currently sells into more
than 100 countries beyond its native India,
including the United Kingdom, Bangladesh and the
• Tally's software is mainly used for vouchers,
financial statements, and taxation in many
industries, and has specialized packages for retail
businesses. More advanced capabilities are found in
its Enterprise resource planning package.
MEANING AND DEFINITION:
• Tally.ERP 9 - It's Fast, Powerful, Scalable...
And very Reliable! Tally.ERP 9 is the world's
fastest and most powerful concurrent Multi-
lingual business Accounting and Inventory
Management software. Tally.ERP 9, designed
exclusively to meet the needs of small and
medium businesses, is a fully integrated,
affordable and highly reliable software. Built
on the proprietary technology of Tally.
• Tally.ERP 9 is easy to buy, quick to install, and
easy to learn and use. Tally.ERP 9 is designed to
automate and integrate all your business
operations, such as sales, finance, purchasing,
inventory, and manufacturing. With Tally.ERP 9,
accurate, up-to-date business information is
literally at your fingertips anywhere. The powerful
new features and blazing speed and power of
Tally.ERP 9 combine with Multi-lingual, Data
Synchronization and Remote capabilities help you
simplify all your business processes easily and
• Simplicity :
Tally.ERP 9 is simple, easy to setup and use. It also allows easy
Keyboard operations. It requires basic knowledge of Accounts and
English to use it.
• Speed :
Tally.ERP 9 provides the capability to generate instant and accurate
reports, which assists the management to take timely and correct
decisions for the overall productivity and growth of the company.
• Power :
Tally.ERP 9 allows the user to maintain multiple companies and with
unlimited levels of classification & grouping capabilities. It also
allows drill down facility from report level to transaction level.
• Flexibility :
Tally.ERP 9 provides flexibility to generate instant reports for
any given period (month/year) or at any point of time besides
providing the facility to toggle between Accounting &
Inventory reports of the same company or between companies.
• Real time processing :
Immediate posting & updating of books of accounts as soon as
the transactions are entered, thereby facilitating instant
statements & Reports. It also facilities real-time multi-user
• Control Centre :
Works as an interface between the user and Tally.ERP 9 installed
at different sites and enables the user to centrally configure
and administer Site/User belonging to an account.
• Auditor's Edition:
Tally.ERP 9 offers a special Auditors' Edition of Tally.ERP9,
which provides auditing and compliance capabilities
exclusively for Chartered Accountants.
Create a New Security Level :
• Enabling Security Control for a Company (Administrator
To create security levels you should login as the
administrator. The administrator login has to be created in the
Company Creation or by altering the Company Masters.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Click F3 : Cmp Info. > Alter
2. Select the required company from the List of Companies
3. In the Company Alteration screen set Use Security Control to Yes
4. Enter the administrator’s name in Name of Administrator field
5. Enter the password. Tally.ERP 9 displays the strength of the password
entered depending on the combination - Alphabets, Numbers & Special
6. Repeat the password for the purpose of confirmation.
Disable Security Control:
Security Control of a company can be disabled at any point of
To disable the Security Control,
1. Load the Company for which Security Control to be
2. Press Alt+ F3 keys or click on F3: Cmp Info button from
Gateway of Tally to navigate Company Info menu
3. In Company Info menu, select the option Alter and press
Enter to view Company Alteration screen
4. In Company Alteration screen, tab down to Use Security
Control field and set it to No
On specifying the Existing Password and saving the Company Alteration, Tally.ERP 9
will prompt to reload the Company and on confirmation company will be loaded
without requesting for User Name and Password.