1. A look at youth and the future of the
2. Numerous challenges in agriculture:
Availability of land
Global trade policies
Fluctuations in the global marketplace
3. Average age of a farmer is 58 years old.
Diversity of issues needs a diversity of
• Of opportunities in agriculture
• Of false stereotypes in agriculture
• Of need for change in agriculture
5. Over 300 careers in agriculture employing
more people than any other industry.
6. Over 1,000, 000 acres of abandoned farmland
7. Farming versus the Food Industry
8. “Career is important because I want to feel
like I’m contributing to something and
doing something with my time that is
9. “It’s simple.Work should allow us to
generate an income, do what we love, and
make a positive impact on the world.”
10. “The biggest injustice in leadership is
people leading and not knowing why.”
-Jeff Simmons, Elanco Animal Health
12. Three Circle Model
Chicago High School for Agriculture Science
14. Hunger U
15. Agriculture in the Classroom
Over 3 million K-6 students reached.
16. National Star in Agriscience
17. Lincoln Electric
Young teachers receive gear and curriculum.
18. Internships, Scholarships, Syngenta.
Star in Agribusiness
20. Dr. David Coffey
21. Support Encourage