Welcome to “The Basics Of Twitter"Presenting you your guide through this presentation- Twee Twee
Let me tell you about me… I am a micro blogging service Came out of egg in 2006 Used for sharing short messages (<140 characters) tweet, follow & retweet (if you want)
In my “tweeting” language Tweet: A 140-character message Retweet (RT): Re-sharing or giving credit to other‟s tweet Feed: the stream of tweets seen on your homepage Handle: your username Mention (@): A way to reference another user by his handle Direct Message (DM): A private short message between two users Hashtag (#): A way to denote a topic in a larger linked discussion, or for a group chat type tweet sequence.
Wanna be a pro ? ?? Go through these steps 1. Sign Up & Log in2. Following & Followers 3. Enter the Conversation 4. Direct communication 5. Retweeting 6. Hashtags
1. Sign Up & Log in Go to Twitter.com and create a handle Fill up your bio Choose a profile pic to upload You are ready to enter my community
2. Following & Followers Seek out people to follow Start with people you know Explore people your friends are following Twee Twee is a Twitter Search for personalities you want to catch Celeb up People may be following you too You can “unfollow” people or “block” your followers anytime.
3. Enter the Conversation Post a tweet and hope someone sees it Or better, reply to a fascinating tweet. Use @ before the person‟s handle to increase the chances of the person seeing your reply
4. Direct communication You can message directly to your followers (only) Direct Messages (DM) are private Be sensible and sensitive while DMing.
5. Retweeting Saw something interesting on a tweet? Share it via a Retweet(RT) Hit the Retweet button when you hover a tweet Or use „RT @handle‟ in your own tweet before copying the tweet. Eg:This is cool. RT @appy |Coke is rewarding random Fb fans with a “Certified Consumer” certificate
6. #Hashtags # denotes a topic or subject matter Words after # become searchable Discussions on a #topic can be tracked No spaces between words in hashtags Create your subject or join an existing hashtag
Build a community Follow a variety of tweeters Build a list of followers Keep tweeting
To be my good friend Be sensitive while tweeting or DMing 2AM 1AM Do not OVERTWEET 3AM 4AM
Join me & start speakingmy language…TWEET TWEET twitter.com
References mashable.com/2012/06/05/twitter-for-beginners/ twitter.com All the pictures and logos are properties of their respective owners and have been used here only for educational purpose without any intention to infringe their copyrights.
Follow me @theyogee E-mail to:email@example.com Join on Facebook at facebook.com/y0gee
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.