2. What is Marketing?• Connecting your Brand and Products with people.•It is done at three stages: • Before making a product/solution (knowing people’s need) • While making the product (expert suggestions, market prospects, features) • Selling the product (advertising, reviews, promotion)•Two ways of marketing: Outbound (the traditional) & Inbound(the emerging)
3. Introducing the terms Marketing is done in two ways: Inbound and Outbound Inbound is a method that tries to pull people instead of pushing the products to them. Companies here stay visible and reach to those who are actively seeking their products, thus filtering out the not-needed ones. Inbound Vs. Outbound Marketing is an interesting comparison to better understand the concept.
4. Inbound Marketing
5. The INBOUND MARKETER Uses any tactics to earn people’s interest rather than buying it Communication is interactive and engaging Customers come to you via search engines, referrals, social media, etc. Marketers seek to entertain and educate Marketers provide value
6. So what comes in InboundMarketing? The most effective tactics include Content Marketing and Social Media Participation. Blogs/ Vlogs WhitePape r Content eBooks Marketin g Podcasts Infographics
7. And what else ? Content when shared on social networks lets you participate in Social Media Sharing. Twitter Pintere Faceboo st k Social Media Delicious Reddit Digg
8. How does it help? Can create buzz and consistent Many links can referral traffic be built from leading to sales those content to the company’s site increasing Sharing content search ranking on social media increases visibility and can make it viral
9. Why Inbound ?
10. Helpful Links & References www.mashable.com/2011/10/30/inbound- outbound-marketing/ newmediacampaigns.com/.../what-is-inbound- marketing/ wordstream.com/inbound-marketing/ All the pictures, logos and trademarks used in this presentation are the property of their respective owners. They have been used here only for educational purpose.