What is a Hybrid Course?
University of Maryland
A Hybrid Course
• A hybrid course is also called a “blended”
• It combines the best of face to face and online
• The effective integration of online and face-to-
face is the key to the success of hybrid
Redesign for Hybrid Teaching
• Re-examine the instructional goal and
• Identify which content should be best presented
online or f2f.
• Design online interactive activities together with
face to face meetings.
• Adjust to the role change from “instructor” to
“facilitator” and “moderator”.
• Attend Hybrid workshops at training.umd.edu.
• Email email@example.com for instructional design