1. 1of 21Our JourneyPurpose for beingTime on EarthKeeping ScoreFinal Destination
2. 2 of 21Our JourneyPurpose for beingEcclesiastes 12:13 13 Let us hear theconclusion of the whole matter: FearGod, and keep his commandments: for this isthe whole duty of man.14 For God shall bring every work intojudgment, with every secret thing, whether itbe good, or whether it be evil.
3. 3 of 21Our JourneyPurpose for beingMatthew 28:19-20 19 Go ye therefore, andteach all nations, baptizing them in the nameof the Father, and of the Son, and of the HolyGhost:20 Teaching them to observe all thingswhatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, Iam with you always, even unto the end of theworld. Amen.
4. 4 of 21Our JourneyPurpose for being1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not thatyour body is the temple of the Holy Ghostwhich is in you, which ye have of God, and yeare not your own?Romans 8:28 And we know that all thingswork together for good to them that loveGod, to them who are the called according toHis purpose.
5. 5 of 21Our JourneyPurpose for beingActs 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet:for I have appeared unto thee for thispurpose, to make thee a minister and awitness both of these things which thou hastseen, and of those things in the which I willappear unto thee;Proverbs 16:9 A mans heart deviseth hisway: but the LORD directeth his steps.
6. 6 of 21Our JourneyTime on Earth – Overall Game TimePsalm 105:8 He hath remembered Hiscovenant for ever, the word which Hecommanded to a thousand generations.Deuteronomy 7:9 (New KJV) Therefore know thatthe Lord your God, He is God, the faithful Godwho keeps covenant and mercy for a thousandgenerations with those who love Him and keepHis commandments;
7. 7 of 21Our JourneyTime on Earth – Overall Game TimeMatthew 1:17 So all the generations fromAbraham to David are fourteen generations;and from David until the carrying away intoBabylon are fourteen generations; and fromthe carrying away into Babylon unto Christare fourteen generations.
8. 8 of 21Our JourneyTime on Earth – Overall Game TimeOne Generation lasts 40 – 100 yearsOn average 70 yearsTime of 1000 Generations = 70,000 years-------------One Generation starts every 20 – 30 yearsOn Average 25 yearsTime of 1000 Generations = 25,000 years
9. 9 of 21Our JourneyTime on Earth – Overall Game TimeTime since Adam: 6,020 years ReferenceSome will therefore conclude that we have aminimum of 25,000 – 6,020 = 18,980 yearsbefore Christ returns. This assumes thatAdam’s generation was in fact the 1stgeneration.
10. 10 of 21Our JourneyTime on Earth – Overall Game TimeTime since Adam: 6,020 years Reference“History and science reveal that many differentmen and humanoid types were on earth tensof thousands of years before Adam. Theskeletal remains of these beings have beenfound all over the planet.”
11. 11 of 21Our JourneyTime on Earth – My Game TimeBut we know that our individual time onEarth is what really matters….Psalm 39:4-5 Lord, make me to know mineend, and the measure of my days, what it is:that I may know how frail I am. 5 Behold, thouhast made my days as an handbreadth; andmine age is as nothing before thee: verilyevery man at his best state is altogether vanity
12. 12 of 21Our JourneyTime on Earth – My Game TimeBut we know that our individual time onEarth is what really matters….Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number ourdays, that we may apply our hearts untowisdom.Genesis 6:3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shallnot strive with man forever, for he is indeedflesh; yet his days shall be one hundred andtwenty years.”
13. 13 of 21Our JourneyKeeping Score – My Own RefereeA quote from a previous sermon:“…, murmuring or to put it anotherway, sowing seeds of discord among thebrethren is listed as the seventh thing thatGod hates. Proverbs (6:19).Let us as a church and as leaders avoidthese pitfalls. Let us also continue toexamine ourselves and refrain fromcriticising others”
14. 14 of 21Our JourneyKeeping Score – My Own Referee2 Corinthians 13:5 Examineyourselves, whether ye be in the faith; proveyour own selves. Know ye not your ownselves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, exceptye be reprobates?
15. God’s Question and His answer on 15 of 21Sunday October 7, 2012Why are the talents not used in thischurch?James 1:23-24 For if anyone is a hearerof the word and not a doer, he is like aman observing his natural face in amirror; For he beholdeth himself, andgoeth his way, and straightwayforgetteth what manner of man he was
16. God’s Question and His answer on 16 of 21Sunday October 7, 2012Why is there a perceived stagnationin the stream?•Perhaps there are man made damsrestricting its flow such as poor attitudes,selfish intentions even jealousy and malice.•Perhaps there are mountains blocking one’sview and the stream is in fact gathering paceand leaving some behind.
17. Excerpt from UCB Word of Today 17 of 21Monday October 8, 2012Ephesians 4:11-1211 And He gave some, apostles; andsome, prophets; and some, evangelists;and some, pastors and teachers;12 For the perfecting of the saints, forthe work of the ministry, for the edifyingof the body of Christ:
18. Excerpt from UCB Word of Today 18 of 21Monday October 8, 2012If you think the unemployment statistics in thecountry are bad, take a look at the church.Twenty percent of its members give eightypercent of its income, and do eighty percent ofits work. The rest are happy just to bespectators. Its easy to sit back, criticise and say,Why doesnt the church do something about theproblem? Hold on there: You are the church;you do something about it! You say, But I left mychurch because I dont like the way they dothings.
19. Excerpt from UCB Word of Today 19 of 21Monday October 8, 2012You didnt leave Gods church, which is the bodyof Christ, did you? So, instead of talking aboutwhat your church doesnt do, look in the mirrorand ask yourself, What am I doing for the Lord?Do you know what an Armchair Manager is? Itssomeone who analyses the game when its over,criticises the players, complains about thereferees calls, and is content to sit in thestadium and be a spectator rather than a player.
20. God’s Question Today 20 of 21 Sunday October 14, 2012We have heard a few announcementstoday of what this church is engaged induring the coming weeks.The question is “Will you and I play ourpart and use our talents. This is thestream that is moving. If you remain inyour Armchair, you will be left behind.
21. 21 of 21Our Journey Final Destination Some scripture to keep us focused: 1 Corinthians 9:24 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 2 Timothy 4:8 Matthew 25:23 Matthew 25:31-34