A day in the life of
8:15- 8:40: Arrive at the library – Happy Monday!
• Catch up with Bill & Edwin.
• Update Bill on FAS classes and on the Student
Veteran Event I attended on Thursday.
• Review presentation for FAS 245 class.
• Have a cup of tea to get the morning started!
8:40 – 9:20 : Deliver FAS 245
session (8th FAS IL session of
the quarter!). Make a note to
make a minor changes to
presentation to include the
report function in StyleSight. I
live demoed it in class and
students and Professor found it
9:20 – 9:40
• Browse the emails received
over the weekend.
• A FAS faculty member
requested a documentary
God Save My Shoes. We do
not currently have this title –
read reviews online and have
decided to add it to our
• Read and responded to
9:40 – 11:25:
• Manned the Circulation desk with our new student worker Edwin – handled
simple student requests and updated the Reference Blitz document since its
week 6 already!
• Started the write up of the Veteran and Student and Faculty even I attended
last week to share in the Library Buzz.
• Investigated an overdue textbook – student took it out on Thursday and
didn’t return it – there is a note on her record from Matthew that this
student took a different textbook overnight a few months ago and claimed
to not know the policy – chatted with Bill for advice on how to proceed.
• Minutes later the student returns the
book and I bring her for a sit down
policy discussion with Bill – what
11:25 – 1:30: Head to GEC 415 tele-conference class. This class is being
piloted in NYC and WST, Professor Miller splits his time between the two
campuses. I cover the classroom in NYC on Mondays when the Professor is
in WST and Jim covers the WST classroom while the Professor is in NYC on
Wednesdays. Today we focused on reviewing the material for their mid-
terms, we split both classes into teams and played a question and answer
game – even with the students being in two different locations they were
all very engaged and even had some NYC vs. WST rivalry!
2:30 – 3:30: Both of the student workers
scheduled to work the Circulation desk at
41st have called out sick – Bill, Paul and I
are all hands on deck covering Circ and
Reference. Answered a few reference
questions and helped a group of students
format their PowerPoint presentation.
3:30 – 4:30:
• Manned the reference desk and prepared for
tomorrow’s FAS IL session.
• Researched FAS documentaries for Professor Joi
Pratt. Found a great video online on the
manufacturing of Marc Jacobs handbags.
4:30: Bon Voyage Library – see you tomorrow!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.