Electronics design pcb
● Producing the hello circuit boards:
● The assignment given here is producing a circuit boards that sends a message 'hello
world' / the PCB board hello.echo.MTA.45.
● The second one was to produce and programm a circuit board which have LED and
add a button for it which will be integrated with one of the keys from the
computer./hello.echo MTA 44.
-Since I have no that much background on electronics I needed to study a lot about it.
Electronics design production
● Sending it to the modella machine:
First I opened the Cad py
file and opened a hello 45
then opened a file from the
input tool path.
I uncommented the
machining.Then on the
CAM tool I opened the
machine i.e. a modella
Then I selected the tool
diameter with 1/64 for
cutting, speed x4,y4,
contours -1 and changed
the tool on the machine just
as I set it on the CAD. Since
I my board is sticked in the
corner I put the position
x2y2. After contouring I sent
it to the machine.
● Components and Materials needed:
After printing the board I changed the setting
and tool diameter by 1/32, to cut it. After I made
the board out I collected the components.
● 1. The printed circuit board
● 2.microcontroller = tiny 45
3.capacitor = C1 3.3UF
● 4. Resistor = R1 10K
● 5.voltage regulator=IC 2
● 6. connectors=4 & 5 legged
● Soldering iron
● Soldering wire
● Copper for cleaning brass and Clip
1. Stick the circuit board to your table by double sided tape -but not tightly because if it is tight it
might be impossible for you to change the direction during soldering.
2. According to our/fablab Bcn experience, the best way to join the components to the circuit
board is to melt and drop the soldering wire on each point of *the circuit board first. This is
because the wires will melt so quickly that you cant fix it no matter you tried to be quick.
3. Stick each components carefully *on the tip of each drop and press the component's
leg/tip by the solering iron. If you think the legs are not fixed well you can add more drops
of soldering wire on the top of its leg.
● Producing the LED circuit board:
First I opened the Cad py
and input a hello 44.MTA.cad
for printing the board. Then used
a setting the same way like
the hello 45 MTA. Downloaded from
After the production I needed to
assemble the components.
● Producing Electronics
1. Microcontroller- Tiny 44
2. Resistor1- R10K
3. Resistor2- R 1K
4. Resistor3- R 4.99
5. Capacotor- 3.3UF
6. Voltage Regulator- 5V
7. Resonator -20 MHZ
8. D1- 4.7v
9. D2- LED
10.The printed circuit board
● On this part being aware of the polarity of the capacitor, LED and the resonator is very
important, there is a line to distinguish that. I have been changing the direction and
when programming it will not even read your board or the connection.
● Programming with Cad
There are 3 fundemental steps
-Sending the power to the circuit board
through the serial port,
-Sending the information from the
the computer to the board through the
-Reading the programmed information
from the board/ 'mini computer' through the
● Adding the button:
● This part was the hardest for me and still is because after making my third circuit
board it doesnt work yet. I am still working on it so I hope after many trials i will