With millions of lines of code, an unconventional approach to MVC framework architecture, and unique concepts such as layout XML, Magento can be intimidating for the new developer and even difficult for experienced Magento developers. This talk aims to help developers find answers in the codebase by breaking down the technologies, design patterns, and module structure into intuitive chunks. Starting with a high level view of Magento's MVC implementation, a pre-developed module is dissected in order to demonstrate various areas of the framework as well as the application-level settings and features which can thwart (or aide!) developers.
Topics covered include the following:
* MVC theory as implemented by Magento, especially the thin-controller, fat-view concept
* Overall module architecture * Finding method definitions when grep won't work, aka "when __call() strikes"
* Identifying poor-performing code using native code profiling tools
* An infallible (well, nearly-infallible) flowchart for finding problematic code
* Essential developer preparations
Recortar diapositivas es una manera útil de recopilar información importante para consultarla más tarde.