Case Study: A/B Testing B2B Offers with Retargeting
CASE STUDY: RETARGETING
Testing Offers with Retargeting to Drive More Leads
• Tripwire was running paid search campaigns, including search,
remarketing, and display. Campaigns were meeting targets,
but Tripwire wanted more leads in the “security” category.
• Tripwire’s current security whitepapers demonstrated low
• No additional funds were available for paid search efforts and the IT
Security industry has a high level of competition.
• Tripwire had developed a new content type for assets –
an eBook titled “Security Configuration Management for
• The eBook stood out from the crowd because the bulk of
the other offers out there were “whitepapers”
• We suggested leveraging this asset within the retargeting
• An A/B test was
implemented to test
the eBook against an
existing IT Security
• Success metrics:
2. Decrease CPA
The new eBook increased leads by 325%!
Cost Per Acquisition
Conversion rate increased by 300.29% and CPA decreased by 75.91%!
• The eBook vs whitepaper test has been
expanded to other channels
• This case study serves as a reminder that A/B
tests need to feature significantly different
content to be effective/conclusive
• Retargeting is an effective channel and ads
should be tested there as well.
• It’s not enough to just do retargeting – you
have to optimize these campaigns as well!
CONCLUSIONS & NEXT STEPS
CONTACT US TODAY!
YOU COULD BE OUR NEXT CASE STUDY!
LET’S WORK TOGETHER