1. Great New Summer Reads Relaxing Fiction for Tired, Worn-out Teachers
2. Dog On It by Spencer Quinn Chet, a mongrel-ly dog with one white ear and one black ear + one slightly down-at-the-heels PI named Bernie = one fast furious ride of utter enjoyment
3. The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan Dr. Eph Goodweather of the CDC’s rapid response team attempts to halt the vampire virus which has been unleashed on an unsuspecting New York City.
4. A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick <ul><li>In 1907 Catherine Land responds to a Wisconsin businessman’s newspaper advertisement for “a reliable wife.” </li></ul><ul><li>Catherine is not whom she purports to be! </li></ul>
5. Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas <ul><li>One snowy, frigid day in 1936, young Nit Spindle spots the “Prayers for Sale" sign in Hennie Comfort’s front yard and stops to request a prayer. </li></ul><ul><li>The two women bond through their love of quilting and through Hennie's reminiscences and of the long ago tragedy of Hennie's youth. </li></ul>
6. Sing Them Home by Stephanie Kallos <ul><li>Three adult siblings deal with the loss of their mother in different ways. </li></ul><ul><li>When they were children, a tornado swept her up, and she was never found. </li></ul>
7. Brooklyn by Colm Toibin Not just another Irish immigrant experience! Set in the 1950’s, this coming-of-age novel follows shy Eilis from her small Irish hometown to an Irish Catholic parish in Brooklyn where homesick Eilis re-invents herself. She works in a department store, attends night school, and marries before being called back to Ireland after her sister’s death. Finally, she must choose where her happiness lies—Ireland or America.
8. Marine One by James Huston By the end of the first chapter, Marine One has crashed, killing everyone aboard, including President James Adams. Attorney and helicopter pilot Mike Nolan investigates the crash on behalf of the French manufacturer of Marine One. Questions abound. Why was the president determined to reach Camp David in the midst of a furious storm? Who was meeting him there? Who wants Mike dead?