• Every social network has unspoken
• Spamming isn’t cool
• Take time to get to know your
• What’s appropriate?
• How to maintain?
• When it’s appropriate?
• When it’s not...
• Ways to participate:
• Post News
• Content should be appropriate to
your brand and product or service
• Blogs and social networking sites
like Facebook are a great place to
• Branch out to other areas as
appropriate to your audience
• Double-edged sword
• A cautionary tale...
• Create a social media policy
Twitter lets users send and read
each other’s updates, or tweets,
which are limited to 140
• 3,000% user growth 4/2008–
• Fastest growing website in the
• Quadrupled traffic in last 4 months
• Use your name or your company’s
• Fill out bio information and website
• Use a proﬁle picture, either your
photo or your company’s logo
• Use a custom background
• Have conversations
• Answer @replies
• Search and follow people relevant to
• Don’t make it all business
• Follow relevant people
• Encourage employees to participate
• Retweet important tweets
• TweetDeck Mac/PC Twitter App
• CoTweet web service
• Twitter iPhone Applications
• Twitterberry for Blackberry