Welcome to Downloading
eBooks and Audiobooks
from The Sprinklesburgh
Presented by Becky Gold
Download Overdrive Mobile App for:
iPod, iPhone, & IPad Touch
Android phone and tablet
Windows 7 phone
Download Adobe Digital Editions for:
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013
Downloading Overdrive App to Mobile
1. Type in Overdrive in your mobile device’s
App store. Open the App.
2. Create an adobe ID for free at
www.adobe.com/membership. Use your ID
and password to authorize APP the first time.
3. Open your browser and go to
4. Select the eBook or Audiobook you want,
(only compatible formats will appear).
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 2
5. Touch the item you
want and then tap “Add
to Cart,” then “Proceed
to Checkout.” Enter your
library card number,
confirm checkout, and
6. The overdrive App
will open and the title
will appear in your
7. You will be prompted
to enter your Adobe ID
and password. Tap
“Download” to download
the book and begin
reading or listening.
Downloading Overdrive App to Mobile Devices
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 3
Setting up Adobe Digital Editions to allow
eBooks to be checked out from the
Sprinklesburgh Public library, (SPL), to your
Step 1: Establish an Adobe ID
Go to www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions.
Click on “Sign in” at upper right corner of page.
Click the yellow button labeled “Create an
Complete registration form and click
You should see a message telling you if your
registration was successful.
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 4
Setting up Adobe Digital Editions Continued
Step 2: Download and install Adobe Digital editions
Return to www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions.
Click the brown button labeled “install” and then
click “yes” to allow installer to run.
If asked to either Run or Save file, select Run.
Click “I Agree” to accept terms and conditions.
Select “Authorize Computer” and enter Adobe ID and
password from step 1.
Adobe will now open in the library view and you are
ready to download and transfer eBooks
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 5
• Kindle requires no software to download
and no USB cable is required
• Items you will need:
• Amazon Kindle
• A Wi-Fi (wireless internet) connection
• Your Amazon user name and password
• Your SPL library card number and four-
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 6
Borrowing SPL eBooks with your Kindle Continued
Step 1: Find and check out Kindle books on our website:
• Visit our digital catalog and click on “Audio & eBooks” under the
main menu of library website.
• Search for a “Kindle” title.
• When you find a Kindle book, click “add to cart.”
• When you are finished go to next screen and click “proceed to
• Select the lending period you want and click “confirm check-out.”
• At the download page, click “Get for Kindle.”
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 7
o You will be directed to amazon.com to finish your check
o Sign in with your Amazon user name and password.
o Select the Kindle device under “Deliver to” and click “get
o If your Kindle is connected to a Wi-Fi network it will
automatically download the eBook.
o Turn the Kindle on and push the Home Button.
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 8
To return an eBook early on Kindle
Your SPL Kindle eBook will
automatically be returned when
the loan period expires. If you
want to return an eBook early,
you may go through your
• Go to Amazon.com and log into your account.
• Go to the “Manage Your Kindle” page (Under
Shop All Departments>Kindle>Manage Your
• Click “Actions” for the library title you wish to
return; select “Return this book” from the
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 9
Thank you for your Attention
and Happy eReading!
Contact :Becky Gold at
Welcome to Downloading eBooks Oct. 6, 2013 10