1. the 1st & only solar event in Morocco to be fully supported by the Ministry of energy, Mines, Water and environment with the keynote address by her excellency amina Benkhadra Official partnersMenasoL2011 SAVE UP TO €5004-5 May, Morocco, 2011 researched & Organized by if you register earlysuccessfully finance, develop and build the MOSt qualifiedsolar projects in Mena to exploit regional SpeakerSand european opportunities• Regulations Revealed! - understand how and when governments across the region will support & fund solar programs so you can plan your market entrance• Securing finance - uncover the international and national players keen to fund your project, and understand how you can make your project truly bankable in MeNa• Domestic MENA Market - discover country-specific solar generation needs and identify your customers so you can meet their demand effectively• Exporting power to EU - unearth the realities behind deSerteC, Med-Grid and MSp - Get answers to transmission feasibility, utility interest and political support• Technology selection and CSP v PV - learn about environmental variations across the region so you can select the right technology for your selected climate• Local Manufacturing - Meet and source local suppliers that will dramatically drive down project costs and connect you with a network of local businessesGreat reasons to attend MenasoL 2011• Our official partners are the Moroccan Ministry of • Free to attend workshops pre and during energy, Mines, Water and environment, making this the conference by leading international the only conference to attend in Morocco and MeNa experts - further improving your experience region on site and maximising your investment in attending• In partnership with UNESCO 22 high level officials will be in attendance from the Ministries of energy • Focused CSP and PV tracks, enabling you and electricity across the region, so you can benefit to get an in depth technology insight with the from key information and contacts market intelligence that meets your business interests and project plans• International event supporters include; • The world’s leading solar companies desertec industrial initiative, World Bank, kfW, are already confirmed; Bp Solar, abengoa, emirates Solar association, aMiSOle, aderee, acciona, iBM, Soitec, first Solar, BrightSource establishing this event as the networking hub where energy and many more! you will do real businessevent Supporters Global premier exhibitors Sponsors Bronze Sponsors Bag Sponsor exhibitor Open now to view the program, speaker line-up & much more!
2. Capitalising on the MeNa solar revolutionthe MeNa region basks in sunshine with average and organisation involved in developing, You will be immersed in two information-solar radiation levels reaching 2,500 kWh - 2,800 manufacturing, and financing solar projects packed days of country-specific solarkWh per square metre per year. While petroleum anywhere in North africa and Middle east. presentations, case studies, and workshops.may be the dominant energy source around the You will get tips, strategies, real-life lessons, Learn HoW to taMe tHe desertworld, the MeNa region is seizing the initiative in and the best practice guides you need to jump and ProsPerdeveloping and implementing solar energy. start your project directly from policy makers, While the opportunities are virtually unlimited, investors, and world-leading technologytHe Mena soLar BooM Has BeGUn it pays to know about the challenges. typical experts.in 2010, energy ministers from algeria, Morocco chronic problems in MeNa include airborne sand combined with humidity resulting in an Nowhere else will you meet more insidersand tunisia met in algiers with eu energy opaque crust on pV panels. to succeed you and hear more business intelligence at suchCommissioner Günther Oettinger to accelerate to get critical knowledge on cutting-edge epC a low cost. You will not only save time, money,the process of integrating electricity markets and human energy - you will make dozens ofthere. By establishing the regulatory frameworks and O+M strategies and solutions that prevent desert conditions from burning a hole in your valuable contacts that will be vital to the futureneeded to promote solar development, this success and profitability of your solar ventures.historical meeting was also the first step towards budget and profits.linking the MeNa and european markets. equally dIsCoVer HoW to MInIMIZe if knowledge is power, MeNaSOl 2011 is theimportant, it began the process of defining a path FInanCIaL rIsks million megawatt source you need to achievefor investors, corporations, and entrepreneurs electrifying success in the MeNa region. With investors concerned about limited MW’s oneager to get into the MeNa solar market. reserve your place today. the ground as well as regional political stability,JoIn tHe rUsH For neW financial hurdles in MeNa solar development neW For 2011 are perilous. at MeNaSOl 2011, you will hear • do not miss the opening ceremony led bydeVeLoPMent how banks, venture capitalists, equity investors, her excellency amina Benkhadra, Minister ofWith a saturated CSp market in Spain, energy, Mines, Water and environmentobstructive regulatory issues in the uSa, and and international organisations see the situation • Build your knowledge bank by participating inthe number of optimal sites for CSp project and what they need in order to invest in MeNa policy and regulatory workshops, both beforedevelopment dwindling, solar developers are solar projects. Most importantly, you will learn and during the eventmoving aggressively to take advantage of the how to win their valuable support. • Get a head start on all the latest technical advances by taking a technology focus with aopportunities in the MeNa region. see tHe sHaPe oF tHe FUtUre – CSp and pV trackthe Med Grid will see the installation of 5.5GW CsP, PV, or...? • enjoy opportunities to network with industryof CSp and nearly 1GW of pV solar in North CSp, CpV, thin film, and Crystalline Silicon leaders and more than 350 attendees from allafrica and the Middle east. Saudi arabia has all need to meet MeNa-specific technical corners of the solar industry through our galaalso announced plans to build a new renewable- requirements to succeed in that region. dinner, one-on-one meetings, workshops, With a CSp and pV technology track, at and roundtable discussionsenergy city. altogether, total investment for CSpin North africa is expected to reach $5.6 billion - MeNaSOl 2011 you will discover the critical • listen and learn in your language - MeNaSOl 2011 will be conducted in english,triple the current amount. technical and engineering details needed to french and arabicand that’s just the beginning. qatar recently achieve a successful project. You will also getestablished a joint venture to enter the MeNa pV valuable tips on building solar solutions that MenasoL 2011 also has the honour ofsolar power market, while first energy Bank and are technically suitable to a country’s solar being held in official partnership withSaudi investors are drawing up plans to build a resources. the Moroccan Ministry of energy, Mines,state-of-the-art $1bn polysilicon plant. Get tHe ansWers yoU need at Water and environmentthe 10 MW solar plant in Masdar is now the MenasoL 2011Middle east’s largest grid connected pV plant - don’t miss this unique opportunity to secure Without a doubt, the MeNa region is onwhile kauSt’s 2MW rooftop installation is the your future in MeNa and be at epicentre of its the fast track to becoming a center of solarfirst and largest solar installation in Saudi arabia. power innovation and generation. there are solar market revolution. challenges, including regulatory hurdles,MenasoL 2011: WHere aLL tHe financial issues, solar resource, and technical reserve your place now and geteLeMents oF sUCCess MeetMeNaSOl was created to provide a forum problems. the very best price on your tickets.and optimum networking environment for the But there are solutions - and you will find them Call +44 20 7 375 7575 today or at MeNaSOl 2011.solar industry in the MeNa region. attendance email firstname.lastname@example.org an absolute requirement for every person reGIstratIon Is qUICk and easy We look forward to meeting you in www.csptoday.com/menasol MoroCCo on May 4 -5 Don’t miss this event! Call now to secure your summit seat – early bookers get the best prices! www.csptoday.com/menasol
3. the premier CSp and pV Conference & exhibition in MeNa Conference program at a glance Tuesday May 3 exhibition and event set up MOrNiNG uNeSCO Workshop introduction to Moroccan Solar pre registration Limited availability - book early to plan Workshop afterNOON avoid disappointment Limited availability - book early to avoid disappointment Wednesday May 4 keYNOte: her excellency amina afterNOON policy and regulations Benkhadra, Minister of energy, Mines, identifying investors and securing finance promoting solar in MeNa 09:00 tO 13:00 Water and environment afterNOON CSp v pV – do they really exporting power to europe 14.30-16.30 UNESCO wOrkShOp compete? 14.30 tO 18:00 eVeNiNG Networking Cocktail party Networking Gala dinner 18:00 tO 21:00 Thursday May 5 keYNOte: dynamics of the CSp CSp applications CSp traCk Valeriano ruiz CSp case for MeNa Markets in MeNa & opportunities MOrNiNG hernández, Ctaer 09:30 tO 13:00 keYNOte: lessons learned from CpV, thin film or in depth: 10MW pV traCk Gaetan Masson, current MeNa pV Crystalline Silicon? Masdar pV plant epia projects evaluating CSp epC challenges and O&M Managing water CSp traCk afterNOON technologies solutions resources 14.30-16.30 UNESCO 14:30 tO 18:00 assessing solar Optimizing pV in desert regional pV wOrkShOp pV traCk desalination Conditions manufacturerssponsor and expo opportunitiesMeNaSOl 2011 provides a CSp, CpV and thin film every sponsor and exhibitor package will be to help you do this we have accommodated forfocused exhibition with a really successful track customised to meet your specific objectives and 20+ hours of networking including lunches, coffeerecord, so much so that our sponsors keep coming place you centre stage in front of your target breaks, networking cocktail reception and galaback. We have learnt that it’s not all about size, but audience. dinner so you have the opportunity to:it’s about selection! that is why as a potentialexhibitor/and or sponsor you will need to pass a the MeNaSOl series has fast established itself as increase your brand awarenessrelevance test. this ensures our delegates get the ‘the’ forum to gain quality business intelligence and Generate business leadsmost value from the event and that our limited contacts to build relationships and develop Maintain relationships with existingexhibitors and sponsor really get the attention and business in MeNa. clients/partnersthe business they seek. Showcase your commitment in MeNa to local governmentsSponsoring, exhibiting or advertising with us is one demonstrate your expertise in front of aof the best and most cost effective ways to prospect, targeted audience and government officialsgenerate interest, move companies through yourpipeline and ultimately make deals. fOr MOre iNfOrMatiON CONtaCt: Patricia tattoit gives you a unique opportunity to build Head of Business developmentrelationships and imprint your company name on t: +44 207 375 7564the high level country officials, attendees, and all of e: email@example.com 40,000 industry contacts we’ll be promoting to F: + 44 207 375 7576for the next 20 weeks. W: www.csptoday.com/menasol Don’t miss this event! Call now to secure your summit seat – early bookers get the best prices! www.csptoday.com/menasol
4. develop a profitable and commercially successful solar business in MeNa kurt hildebrand, division Chief - Climate and houda allal, director - re & Sd, oMeMoroccan solar plan environment MeNa, kfW Jan von drathen, head of CSp, e.on dana Younger, Chief renewable energy antonio lucio-Villegas, red electrica de espana• hear directly from the decision makers on how Specialist, IFC representative tBC, eneL Morocco will develop 2 GW of solar capacity by Shinya Miyake, Chief representative, Japanese 2020 and provide 14% of the country’s electricity from solar energy alone Bank of International Cooperation industry lessons learned khaled el askari, african development Bank• find out how these MWs will be divided between • Case study: key insight into the reality of pV and CSp, and what are the proposed projects Current and prospective constructing and commissioning a wind plant in so that you can plan a business strategy around Morocco, and take away lessons from conventional these opportunities investors: How to win their power plant development• understand the Moroccan solar structure investment and trust • find out how common hurdles were overcome (Moroccan agency for Solar energy / MaSeN) • Speak the language your investors want to and take away lessons learned for developing your and hear from the key stakeholders that you hear and demonstrate how your project’s solar plant need to engage with to develop your solar project development can contribute economically to the • avoid costly pitfalls in your project through akeynote address: her excellency amina region which will guarantee political support comprehensive guide to logistics, workforceBenkhadra, Minister of energy, Mines, Water and a good rOi management, environmental challenges and moreand environment • CaSe StudY: hear from the leading funding alex katon, head of Strategy for Meta region,Said Mouline, director General, aderee institutions behind the largest solar projects in International PowerObaid amrane, MeNa, and learn about the business modelsMember of the Managing Board, Masenrepresentative tBC, one used for funding these MeGa projects, how Market and technology choices: perceived risks were successfully mitigated, and how project finance was structured CSp v pVMeNa solar plans: Country’s Samir Belrhandoria, director General, • Get the very latest on how to drive down CSp costs Moroccan Infrastructure Fund and ensure that your project effectively competesambitions unveiled with pV Christophe Mariot, BnP Paribas• hear from a variety of officials across the Marc Schmid, Vice president, Credit suisse • take a look at how pV is becoming especially MeNa region on their solar vision, and gain lorena Ciciriello, re project finance, attractive for North africa and evaluate the critical knowledge on how they perceive solar sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation prospect of supplying villages that are not power and understand the current & proposed europe connected to the grid regulations to reach their solar energy capacity pablo Valera, CeO, astrom • understand the disparate challenges with CSp and• how is solar transforming the petroleum Manuel Cabrerizo, partner, Voltiq water, and assess the long term likelihood of CSp industry? find out how oil companies are or pV market proliferation in MeNa daniel Calderon, head Origination, Masdar planning to incorporate solar in their portfolio, and how you can partner with them• Gain knowledge from MeNa utilities on exporting power to europe CSP Track the solar-conventional power mix, and the keynote address: Valeriano ruiz hernández, technology preference for their load pattern to Pipe dream or realistic project? Ctaer best position your business in the MeNa market • deSerteC, Mediterranean Solar plan & Med• in partnership with uNeSCO high level officials Grid: Get an exclusive update on progress made to date and ascertain the significance the CSp case for MeNa will be represented from the Ministries of behind the feasibility studies that are so critical energy across the MeNa region. the names for your project plans developers’ viewpoint: the CsP will be confirmed online at www.csptoday.com/ Michael koehler, head of Cabinet of strategy for Mena MeNaSOl Commissioner Oettinger, eU Commission • hear leading developers present the opportunityNazar hasasn, deputy director, UnesCo for CSp in MeNa so that you can structure your rainer aringhoff, Chief Operating Officer,fahad al tamimi, Senior energy analyst, qatar business around affordable, locally producedPetroleum Company desertec Industrial Initiative energyChristophe Juban, total transmission trial & tribulations • Get a developer’s perspective on CSp markets • does the current infrastructure allow for power within MeNa & understand how this compares toidentifying investors & to be exported to europe? their experience in the uS and europe, enablingsecuring finance • find out the current status of transmission and smart grid implementation across europe so you to emulate their success • Share in the vision for CSp in the region bythe role & status of development that you can predict how and when your plant discussing proposed projects and exploit will be connectedbank funding near-term business opportunities to stay ahead of your competitors• Get an exclusive update on the $750 million europe utilities evaluation allocated from the Ctf to finance CSp projects Charlie ricker, Senior Vice president, • Get the european off-takers perspective on the in MeNa Brightsource energy opportunity of exporting power from MeNa• discover how this funding has advanced country • understand how these experts foresee solar Sylvie lekieffre, director - Sales & Marketing, projects so far and assess the best opportunities alstom power export contributing to their portfolio so in the region Michael Geyer, director for international Business you can evaluate your project optionsChandra Govindarajalu, Senior environmental development, abengoa solar • hear from the largest energy providers in theSpecialist, World Bank Jose Manuel Nieto, thermoelectric projects & Mediterranean and discuss the real creation of a Construction director, acciona solar market for solar energy export Reserve your place today - +44 207 37 57 575
5. More information, more dialogue, more debateFinancing CsP in Mena – subsidy CSp technology selection • Why pV for MeNa? hear from international manufactures as they make the case for pVor investment? & engineering technology and take advantage of new business• Get exclusive access to the latest findings on opportunities how to optimally integrate CSp in a national technology assessment Gaëtan Masson, Senior economist, ePIa power market in MeNa so that CSp can • Get a comprehensive assessment on technical Masaaki kimura, General Manager - solar energy compete with wind and pV advancements in CSp and their suitability to department, kaneka• unearth the strategy behind market introduction MeNa Valerick Cassagne, pV thin film development & removing the main barriers for financing, and • Benefit from a unique cost reduction roadmap Manager, total come away with critical knowledge to promote for tower, trough, fresnel & dish technologies emmanuel arene, General Manager Solar energy, the implementation of your project and boost your bankability soitecfranz trieb, Systems analysis and technology • CSp cost comparisons: assess the capital cost Vicente diaz, director concentration systems,assessment, dLr of CSp versus conventional power generation, IsoFoton and the cost of a megawatt of iSCC versus CSp,CsP resources guaranteeing that your technology choice makes Leading Mena megawatt projects• unlock the ‘desert dNi’ with a high performance financial sense • take advantage of rare & exclusive access to field solar radiation database and atlas for the MeNa kelly Beninga, Chief Commercial Officer, experience and data as you are given the inside region, to develop a CSp hotspot outline and skyFuel track on leading pV projects concentrate your efforts in the most lucrative • Get the answers you need to your epC & O+M areas ePC contractors & o+M questions, with on the ground experience from the • Save yourself time and money by meeting epC• use advanced methods for solar resource Masdar and king abdullah university projects contractors with significant experience and analysis to get high resolution ‘desert dNi’ for Sami khoreibi, CeO, enviromena get answers to your MeNa-specific technical your specific project location and optimize your raed Bkayrat, technology advancement Group challenges plant layout and operation Manager, kaUst • hear epC contractors speak about theirChristoph Schillings research associate, dLrralf Wiesenberg, partner, sun to Market experience on the ground, and avoid costly Local manufacturing pitfalls when preparing your MeNa project • Get introduced to the local manufacturers who willdomestic CSp market & Managing Mena’s electricity load ensure your project is delivered on time, and on budgetinfrastructure • understand the electricity load pattern around MeNa - when does load shifting need to happen • find out how the cost of local manufacturers compete with europe and asian suppliers andLocal v international and how can this be accommodated? make the best procurement decisions for yourmanufacturing • evaluate dispatchability options, and understand business how storage and the cost to size of plant ratio• assess local CSp suppliers to reduce costs and can indicate the most economical option for ahmed Squalli, president, aMIsoLe provide a quick turnaround to meet your project your plant to produce dispatchable power deadlines, giving your project the best chance solar desalination of success alberto rodriguez rocha, Corporate Business • evaluate desalination technologies suitable development, aCs CoBra• Capacity building – hear how the Spanish for remote areas and identify how freshwater rachad itani, CeO, Balderrie production rate and energy consumption successfully built a workforce with the skills and knowledge that propelled them as solar performance of each process compares to current Water resources & desalination plants leaders• learn how to engage the local workforce to resourcefulness • Get exclusive insight into a leading CpV support and kick-start your project • learn about the amount of water CSp plants desalination plant with the capacity to supplyakmal Zaghloul, Business development - use, so you can evaluate the best ways to water to 100,000 people. What is the technologicalGeneral Manager, taqa arabia minimise consumption in a water-scarce region capacity and limitations for this application?luis Crespo, Secretary General, • learn more about cooling options and get the rami Gahnnam, IBMProtermosolar success and failure stories that will help you essam al-ammar, energy consultant, riyadh assess the options that make economic sense techno Valley CompanyCsP applications - expanding for your project abdelhakim hammach, Managing director, investment Core Sectors, riyadh Valley Companyyour CsP business in Mena• Get a comprehensive overview on solar PV Track overcoming desert conditions: desalination technologies specifically suitable for remote areas keynote address: Gaëtan Masson, Senior technical challenges economist, ePIa • leading experts explore the environmental• hear the case for CSp steam augmentation in challenges your solar project will face and what industrial processes and position yourself in pV technology for MeNa vital expertise and knowledge you should plan the oil recovery enhancement programs for big before you start building wins PV technology assessment • hear up-to-the-minute case studies on pV plants• understand the rationale behind iSCC plants • Get real figures on pV efficiency, cost and in the uae and Saudi arabia and discover how they and assess how you can take full advantage of location suitability and assess the options for managed to maintain high performance even under the market trend your project harsh environmental conditionsMassimo Moser, dLr • Get to grips with current pV costs and upcoming Vahid fotuhi, director of Middle east Solar,amr Mohsen, CeO, Lotus solar technologies trends that will impact the industry so you can BP solar evaluate the real potential for pV in MeNa Check out the latest program updates on www.csptoday.com/menasol
6. Leading international and MENA solar experts providing crucial information for your solar strategyher excellency amina Benkhadra rainer aringhoff Valeriano ruiz hernandezMinister of energy, desertec Industrial CtaerMines, Water and Initiativeenvironment CONFIrMED rami Gahnnam ahmed Squalli IBMObaid amrane aMIsoLe khaled el askariMasen daniel Calderon african development Masdar BankSaid Moulineaderee Nazar hassan Masaaki kimura UnesCo kanekaMichael koehlereU Commission houda allal Jose Manuel Nieto oMeMichael Geyer accionaabengoa solar Christophe Mariot kurt hildebrand BnP ParibasChandra Govindarajalu kfWWorld Bank raed Bkayrat Gaëtan Masson kaUstluis Crespo ePIaProtermosolar kelly Beninga Sami khoreibi skyfuelVahid fotuhi enviromenaBP solar Marc Schmid abdelhakim hammach Credit suisseSamir Belrhandoria riyadh Valley CompanyMoroccan Infrastructure franz trieb fahad al tamimiFund dLr qatar PetroleumChristophe Juban Christoph Schillings representative tBC dLrtotal red eléctrica de espanaJan von drathen Massimo Moser Valerick Cassagne dLreon totaldana Younger ralf Wisenberg Sylvie lekieffre sun to MarketIFC alstomalberto rodriguez rocha akmal Zaghloul rachad itani taqaaCs Cobra Balderrie alex katonessam al-ammar pablo Valera International Powerriyadh Valley Company astrom emmanuel areneamr Mohsen representative tBC soitecLotus solar technologies eneL lorena CicirielloManuel Cabrerizio representative tBC sumitomo MitsuiVoltiq one Banking Corporation europeShinya Miyake Charlie rickerJBIC Brightsource energy Vicente diaz IsoFoton
7. www.csptoday.com/menasol 3 Easy stEps to REgistER Now! 1. your Choice of Registration package Super Early Discount Last Chance Please tick the package Discount price Price Price Standard price box you require below: Price Exp 17 Feb ‘11 Exp 17 Mar ‘11 Exp 21 Apr ‘11 Diamond Pass • ull access to all conference F sessions. • ull access to the exhibition area. F • ttendance to Cocktail Reception . A • ttendance to the Networking Gala A dinner. €2,275 €2,375 €2,575 €2,775 • ccess to the pdf presentations A within 2 weeks after the event. • ccess to the full audio recording of A the event and the slides 2 months post event for a year. • luS: exclusive CSp parabolic p trough report: Costs and performance or CpV industry report. Platinum Pass • ull access to all conference F sessions. • ull access to the exhibition area. F • ttendance to Cocktail Reception. A €1,195 €1,295 €1,495 €1,695 • ttendance to the Networking Gala A dinner. • ccess to the pdf presentations A within 2 weeks after the event. • luS: access to the full audio p recording of the event and the slides 2 months post event for a year. Gold Pass • ull access to all conference F sessions. • ull access to the exhibition area. F €1,095 €1,195 €1,395 €1,595 • ttendance to Cocktail Reception. A • luS: attendance to the p Networking Gala dinner. • access to the pdf presentations within 2 weeks after the event. Silver Pass • ull access to all conference F sessions. €995 €1,095 €1,295 €1,495 • ull access to the exhibition area. F • ttendance to Cocktail Reception. A Quote this code when booking online and 2. Delegate Details receive an extra €50 off your pass price!Please photocopy this form for Customer Priority Code:multiple registrationsMr / Mrs / Ms / Dr: First name:Last name:Company: Position/Title:Telephone: Fax:Email:Address:Postcode: Country: 3. paymentChoose one of the following payment options: I enclose a cheque/draft for: € ____________ (payable to FC Business Intelligence) Please invoice my company: € ___________ Purchase Order No.:______________ Please charge my credit card: € ________ Amex Visa MastercardCredit card number:____________________________Expiry date:___________3 Digit security code:_______Name on card:_______________________Signature:__________________________NB: FULL PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE ACCESS TO THE SUMMIT. 4 Easy Ways To Register Online: at www.csptoday.com/menasol email: firstname.lastname@example.org Just give us your details and pass type – we’ll do the rest! Call: the CSP Today team on +44 (0) 207 375 7575 Fax: Fill this form out and fax it back +44 (0) 207 375 7576 Cancellation policy can viewed online at www.csptoday.com/menasol