6. "The computer in my cell phone today is amillion times cheaper and a thousand timesmore powerful than the computer that weused at MIT when I was an undergraduate," he says. "Thats a billion-foldincrease. And well do that again in the next25 years.Ray Kurzweil Source: http://www.newsweek.com/id/197812/page/3
7. More storage, falling costs
8. 5 MB in 1956Source: http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/storage/storage_350.html, http://www.snopes.com/photos/technology/storage.asp
9. 64 GB in 2010Source: http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb-ﬂash-drives/sandisk-ultra-backup-usb-ﬂash-drive
49. Back to titles. The industry has rallied around the title Creative Technologist Source: http://markavnet.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/what-the-heck-is-a-creative-technologist/, http://www.thefwa.com/job/creative-technologist-1oe,http://www.impactful-conversations.com/2010/07/creative-technologist-new-role-in.html
50. The role of the creative technologist
51. The creative technologist is a keymember of the digital creative leadershipteam.And helps lead projects from brieﬁng,through concepting, system architecture,development, and ﬁnal delivery.
52. 1) The creative technologist writes codeand makes functional software.
53. 2) The creative technologist leadsstrategic and creative thinking for brandutilities and platforms.
54. This isn t throw away brochure-ware. These are major brand investments that need to be architected to live over the long term. Source: nikeplus.com, ﬁat.com/ecodrive,www.dominos.com/pages/tracker.jsp, www.openforum.com
55. 3) The creative technologist bringsemerging technology thinking into thecreative concepting process.
56. A couple of years ago our toolkit wassomewhat limited: -  Flash -  HTML -  Video -  Databases
57. Technologies in our now toolkit include: -  Flash -  Tablet devices -  HTML -  Augmented reality -  Video -  Voice recognition and -  Databases audio detection -  Mobile -  Physical computing -  Augmented reality -  Facebook -  NFC -  Twitter -  E-readers -  Geo-location -  Connected TV -  Multi-touch interfaces -  Automotive technologies -  APIs/Mashups - Robotics -  Near ﬁeld communications
58. 4) The creative technologist managescomplexity and change.
59. Rapid advances in technology can beintimidating and overwhelming.
60. With an in-depth understanding of corecomputer science and IT principles, thisrapid change and complexity ismanageable.
61. The client-server model
62. The web browser on your laptop is a client.
63. The smart phone app is a client.
64. The tablet device app is a client.
65. The Internet TV is a client. Source: http://www.facebook.com, insidefacebook.com
66. We need to be positioned to manage themulti-screen consumer experience
67. 5) The creative technologist builds earlyprototypes to test ideas, interactions, andfunctionality.This creates forward momentum and isvery helpful in selling through ideas.
73. 8) The creative technologist sparkscreative thinking through emergingtechnology research andexperimentation.
74. Art, science, and play had merged into the magical activity of programming, with every hacker an omnipotent master of the flow of information within the machine. Steven Levy, Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution Source: http://www.amazon.com/Hackers-Heroes-Computer-Revolution-Anniversary/dp/1449388396/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291568052&sr=8-1
75. Augmented reality (AR) prototyping
76. BK: augmented reality banner
77. Experiments with multitouch table
78. Experiments with the connectedvehicle: Trike Plus
79. Experiments with the connectedvehicle: Trike Plus
80. VW Fun Theory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEKAwCoCKw
81. One happy family now
82. Technology will continue to bring aboutdisruptive change in our business.The creative technologist will play a leadrole in creating ideas that carry across therapidly expanding digital ecosystem.
83. Points to consider when introducingtechnology into a traditional environment-  Put technologists on your core strategic and creative leadershipteam-  Include technologists in the full project life cycle – from initialresearch and brieﬁng, through ﬁnal project delivery-  Hire technologists who know software architecture and hands-oncoding-  Hire technologists who can communicate and collaborate-  Try out new team structures-  Understand that making software is a signiﬁcantly differentprocess than making TV, print, or radio. QA is very, very important.-  Be respectful of the complexity of the software developmentprocess"
84. Points for technologists to considerwhen joining a traditional environment-  Don’t hide behind esoteric acronyms and buzzwords-  Enable ways to say ‘yes’-  Don’t just say you’re creative, show it-  Be respectful of the creative vision and strive for visual pixelperfection- Use your knowledge of technology to make ideas better-  Don’t promote technology for technology’s sake. Start with anidea and fulﬁll a business need.- Study the advertising and branding business-  Understand that frequent change is part of the creative process"
85. Good resources on technology Blogs - Creative technologist group on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2830357 - www.slashdot.com" - www.ajaxian.com - www.sparkfun.com Books - HTML and XHTML: The Deﬁnitive Guide, Chuck Musciano and Bill Kennedy - Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution, Steven Levy - The Cathedral and the Bazaar: Musings on Linux and Open Source by an Accidental Revolutionary, Eric S. Raymond """