and Computing in Math
Enhancing the teaching and learning of
mathematics using technology
Riverside School Board and McGill University- May 7, 2014
9:00-9:20 Welcome, Agenda, Sharing Activity
9:20-10:15 Sharing Your Experiences –Classroom Visits
10:30-12:00 Continue Sharing
1:00-2:00 Video: Algebra Team & Lesson Study
2:00-3:00 Your team video (iMovie)
Before the class:
1. What did you expect to see when you visited the class?
During the class:
2. What did you observe during the class? (e.g., topic of the class;
teaching approaches; classroom management; students'
engagement in learning; ICT & resources)
After the class:
3. Is there something in particular that you like about the class?
4. What do you think you have learned from the class visit?
5. What would you like to apply to your class and students, if any?
6. Comments/Suggestions/Ideas for the following class observation
Reflection on classroom visits
Video: Algebra Team
A collaborative model to support teacher learning
Increase knowledge base
Commitment to community
Provide various learning resources
Lesson Study (1/2)
Lesson Study (2/2)
* Reference: Hart, L. C., Alston, A., & Murata, A. (2011). Lesson study research and practice in
mathematics education. New York: Springer.