2. 6 Ways to Make People Like You Become genuinely interested in other people. Smile. Remember that a persons name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves. Talk in terms of the other persons interest. Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
3. Building Strong Friendships Good Friends:  Reinforce your values  Motivate you  Show empathy  Treat you with fairness  Share your interests  Accept you for who you are  Support you  Loyalty
4. Keep your Values Remember: Association brings assimilation  In other words, your friendships and relationships link you to what you’ll eventually adapt to and become. Pick your circle of friends strategically. Don’t ever compromise your values.  Even if your doing nothing against your values but you hang out with people who are going against your values, you will be associated with them.
5. 3 Purposes of DatingMate SelectionSocialization SkillsRecreation
6. Set Limits in Dating! Why is it important to set limits?  Avoid late hours  Avoid bedrooms and closed doors  Avoid being alone at home  Don’t “park”  Avoid sexually explicit material  Don’t use drugs or alcohol  Remember thoughts proceed actions  Show true caring and respect for one another.
7. Qualities of an Unhealthy Relationship Controlling Manipulation Verbal insults Mean Language Put downs Physical Violence Isolation from family and friends Intimidation or threats
8. Assertive Refusal Skills State your positions:  NO, firmly and simply Suggest Alternatives:  Suggest another activity Stand your ground:  Make it clear you meant what you said  Remove yourself from the situation