2. Business Briefing<br /><ul><li> Three Major Problems and Needs
3. The Best Answers
4. Opportunity and Timing
5. Action Steps</li></li></ul><li>First Major Problem<br />Most people today have the same complaint – they don’t have enough money and they have no time freedom. <br />Expenses are escalating. Everyday items are much more expensive today than just one year ago.<br />Credit Cards n Taxes nLoans nMortgages nCollegeTaxes nCar loans n Taxes n Insurance n Cell PhonesGasoline n Taxes n Etc.<br />
6. Second and Third Major Problems<br />Identity Theft<br />Access to the legal system <br />for Everyday Life Events<br />
7. Five Areas to Evaluate<br /><ul><li> The Company
8. The Need/Marketplace
9. The Product
10. The Compensation
11. The Timing</li></li></ul><li>The Company<br /><ul><li>Has been in business for more than 30 years
12. Is a public company since 1976 (NYSE:PPD)
13. Began with a seriousauto accident.</li></ul>Harland C. Stonecipher<br />Founder, Chairman, & CEO<br />
14. Pre-Paid Legal Featured in Many Publications<br />Pre-Paid Legal was most recently featured in Success from Home magazine.<br />
15. Sales History<br />GROSS REVENUE<br />IN MILLIONS<br />$303 $350 $361 $386 $423 $444 $457 $464<br />Our sales history continues to improve as we move up and to the right each year. <br />
16. It’s Not If, But When<br />100 M<br />75 M<br />50 M<br />25 M<br />0 <br />102<br />Million<br />37<br />Million<br />Court Filings<br />in 2006**<br />Hospitalizations<br />in 2006*<br />You are more than twiceas likely to be in court than you are to be hospitalized!<br />* American Hospital Association, 2006 Annual Survey <br />** Examining the Work of State Courts, Court Statistics Project 2007<br />
17. Have You Ever . . .<br /><ul><li> been overcharged for a repair?
18. tried to return a defective product?
19. received a traffic ticket?
20. lost a security deposit?
21. been audited?
22. signed a contract?
23. purchased a home?
24. prepared a Will?
25. worried about identity theft?</li></li></ul><li>Why Don’t People Call Attorneys <br />The Main Reasons People Don’t Seek Legal Counsel:<br /><ul><li> They are intimidated by lawyers.
26. They don’t know who to call.
27. They believe it would cost too much.</li></ul>The Most Common Responses to a Legal Dispute Are to:<br /><ul><li> Ignore the problem
28. Try to handle it personally</li></li></ul><li>What Do We Do <br />Simply put aPre-Paid Legal membership does for <br />attorney and legal bills<br />what medical insurance does <br />for doctor and hospital bills.<br />
29. Who Is Covered?<br />The Pre-Paid Legal membership covers: <br />1. The Member<br />2. The Member’s Spouse<br />3. Never Married Dependent Children<br /> Under 21 Living At Home<br />4. Dependent Children Under Age 18<br /> For Whom The Member Is Legal Guardian<br />5. Full Time College Students Up To Age 23<br /> Never Married, Dependent Children<br />6. Physically Or Mentally Challenged Child<br /> Living At Home<br />
30. Six Areas of Coverage<br />The Life Events Legal Plan:<br /><ul><li> Preventive Legal Services
31. Motor Vehicle Legal Services
32. Trial Defense Services
33. IRS Audit Legal Service
34. 25% Preferred Member Discount
35. Legal Shield</li></li></ul><li>Preventive Legal Services<br />These services are available to you immediately when you enroll!<br /><ul><li> Phone consultation is available to you and your covered family members on an unlimitednumber of matters.
36. When your Provider Attorney feels it is in your best interest, a letter will be written or a phone call will be made on an unlimitednumber of personal issues for you and your family.</li></ul>Phone consultation on unlimited matters is available to the extent the Provider Law Firm deems it necessary to adequately advise you on your legal matter. One (1) hour of legal research per subject matter will be completed by the Provider Law Firm if your legal matter cannot be adequately addressed during your telephone consultation. Nevada residents limited to 50 hours per year and 5 personal legal documents reviewed per year. A letter or phone call per subject matter is available if advisable in your Provider Law Firm’s sole discretion. Trust preparation is available at the preferred member rate. <br />
37. Preventive Legal Services<br />These services are available to you immediately when you enroll!<br /><ul><li> When you are faced with signing a contract, have your Provider Law Firm review it first! An unlimitednumber of personal contracts and documents that are 10 pages or less in length will be reviewed as a part of your membership.
38. Standard Will preparation and yearly updates are includedfor the member. Your spouse may have their Will prepared for no additional fee if requested within 60 days of purchasing the membership. After that time, your spouse may have their Will prepared, along with other covered family members for an additional $20.</li></ul>Phone consultation on unlimited matters is available to the extent the Provider Law Firm deems it necessary to adequately advise you on your legal matter. One (1) hour of legal research per subject matter will be completed by the Provider Law Firm if your legal matter cannot be adequately addressed during your telephone consultation. Nevada residents limited to 50 hours per year and 5 personal legal documents reviewed per year. A letter or phone call per subject matter is available if advisable in your Provider Law Firm’s sole discretion. Trust preparation is available at the preferred member rate. <br />
39. Motor Vehicle Legal Services<br />These services are available just 15 days after enrollment!<br /><ul><li> Call your Provider Law Firm immediately when you receive a moving traffic ticket so proper assistance can be arranged.
40. Representation for certain motor vehicle related criminal charges
41. Up to 2.5 hours for help with driver’s license assistance and/or personal injury/property damage collection assistance of $2,000 or less.</li></ul>Representation under this benefit is provided when the member has a valid driver’s license and is driving a properly licensed motor vehicle. Pre-existing conditions, charges of DUI/DWI related matters, drug-related matters, hit-and-run related charges, leaving the scene of an accident, and unmeritorious cases are excluded. Commercial vehicles with more than two axles are not covered. Driver’s license and personal injury/property damage recovery assistance is limited to two and one-half (2-1/2) hours of lawyer time per claim, does not include the filing of a lawsuit, and excludes personal injury and property claims exceeding $2,000.<br />
42. Trial Defense Services<br />If you or your spouse face a civil suit or job-related criminal charges, your Provider Law Firm will provide up to 75 hours of service - at no added cost - to defend you. Additional pre-trial and trial services are available at a 25% discount from the Firm’s standard hourly rate. <br />The longer you keep your membership, the more valuable it becomes! <br />1st year - 75 hours (17.5 pretrial/57.5 trial)<br />2nd year - 140 hours (23 hours pretrial/117 trial)<br />3rd year - 205 hours (28.5 pretrial/176.5 trial)<br />4th year - 270 hours (34 pretrial/236 trial)<br />5th year - 335 hours (39.5 pretrial/295.5 trial)<br />Matters not covered under Plan benefits and which you may use your preferred member rate for services are: Dependents (covers member and spouse only), Bankruptcy, divorce, separation, annulment, child custody or other divorce or domestic-related matters, Charges of DUI/DWI, drug-related matters (whether prescribed or not), hit-and-run, leaving the scene of an accident, and civil or criminal charges occurring as a result of operating a commercial vehicle with more than two axles, Plan benefits apply only to charges of job-related criminal actions. Benefits do not cover instances in which you are named in a civil lawsuit or have criminal charges filed against you because you are listed as an owner, manager or associate of the business and you had no direct involvement with the act or matter that gave rise to the lawsuit or criminal charge, Lawsuits filed because of something that occurred prior to your enrollment or because of conditions that were reasonably anticipated or foreseeable prior to your enrollment (even if the lawsuit is filed after you become a member), Class actions, interventions or amicus curiae filings in which the covered member is a party (or potential party), Garnishment, attachment or any other appeal, Claims, defenses, or legal positions which your Provider Law Firm determines will not prevail in court or are frivolous or without merit. <br />
43. IRS Audit Legal Services<br /><ul><li> One hour of consultation, advice or assistance when you are notified of an audit by the IRS
44. An additional 2.5 hours if a settlement is not achieved within 30 days
45. If your case goes to court, you’ll receive 46.5 hours of your Provider Law Firm’s services
46. Coverage for this service begins with the tax return due April 15 of the year you enroll</li></ul>Coverage includes the return due on April 15th of the first membership year. Does not cover garnishment, attachment or any other appeal, class actions, interventions or amicus curiae filings, charges of tax fraud or income tax evasions, Trust returns, business and/or corporate tax returns, payroll and information returns, partnerships, corporation returns or portions thereof that are included in the member’s tax returns, pre-existing conditions—where member has been notified by the IRS prior to enrollment, and services rendered by an enrolled agent. <br />
47. 25% Preferred Member Discount<br />Your Provider Law Firm will render assistance at the preferred rate for legal services not specifically covered by the benefits of the membership. Even pre-existing matters can be covered under this portion of the plan!<br />If you own a business and wish representation for the entity, you will receive a preferred rate of 25% less the Provider Law Firm’s corporate hourly rate*.<br />Five business days advance notice is required for preparation in court representation.<br />*Hourly rates for Referral Lawyers and court appearances may vary.<br />The information contained in this material is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. It is intended to provide a general overview of the coverage you have selected. Please remember that only the plan contract can give actual terms, coverage, amounts, conditions, and exclusions. Check benefit availability in your state/province.<br />
48. Legal Shield<br />The Legal Shield gives you and your family 24-hour access to legal consultation for the following situations:<br /><ul><li> If you are detained by a law enforcement officer
49. If you are injured in an accident
50. If authorities attempt to remove your child from your home or custody
51. If you are served with a warrant</li></ul>To contact your Provider Law Firm, simply call the toll-free number on your Legal Shield card. You will reach the Pre-Paid Legal offices, who will then put you in contact with your Provider Law Firm, so you can consult with an attorney. It’s that easy.<br />The Legal Shield membership will not apply if the member is alleged to be under the influence of or impaired by alcohol, intoxicants, controlled substances, chemicals or medicines, whether prescribed or not; the member is alleged to be involved with domestic violence or stalking; and/or assistance in making, posting, or obtaining bond, bail or other security required for release. Check benefit availability in your state.<br />
52. How Much Will It Cost?<br />Well, with aPre-Paid Legal membership you receive all this for only $26 a month! Isn't your family worth it?<br />That's less than the price of a cup of coffee a day!<br />
53. It’s No Secret<br />Identity Theft is A Major Problem In America<br /><ul><li> Do you hand your credit card to servers at restaurants?
54. Do you supply personal information over the internet?
55. Do you keep your Social Security number in your wallet or purse?
56. Do you leave mail at your home or business for the postal carrier to collect?
57. Do you throw away unwanted mail with personal information without shredding </li></ul> it first?<br />
58. Five Common Types of Identity Theft<br />Medical<br />Social <br />Security<br />Character/ <br />Criminal<br />Drivers <br />License<br />Financial<br />Identity Theft is not just about credit cards! ID theft is an international crime and access to an attorney may be critical.<br />
59. What is Identity Theft?<br />Why are you at risk?<br /><ul><li> Utility Companies
60. Insurance Companies
61. Credit Card Records
62. Medical Records
63. Real Estate Records
64. Motor Vehicle Records
65. School Records
66. Military Records
67. Social Security Records
68. Banking Records
69. Employment Records
70. Postal Records
71. Purchasing Records
72. Tax Records
73. Leasing Records
74. Licensing Records</li></ul>Your Data is Out There<br />
77. The Best Answer<br />The Complete Wall of Security<br />YOU<br />MonitoringServices<br />Life Events Legal Plan<br />Restoration<br />Services<br />
78. The Best Answer<br />Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. is the only company with a suite of products that provides help in every phase of Identity Theft – before, during, and after the <br />crime occurs.<br />entity Theft<br />ID<br />SHIELD<br />TM<br />with the Pre-Paid Legal Plan<br />
79. The Best Answer<br />Kroll is the world’s leading risk consulting company with more than 30 years of experience. Kroll has been involved in many notable cases, such as:<br /><ul><li> Assisted the Kuwaiti government in investigating Saddam Hussein’s financial network.
80. Responsible for the restructuring of Enron.</li></ul>entity Theft<br />ID<br />SHIELD<br />TM<br />with the Pre-Paid Legal Plan<br />
81. Credit Report & Continuous Monitoring<br /><ul><li> You will receive an up-to-date credit report through Experian at no additional charge with your membership.
82. Your credit files will be regularly monitored. Suspicious activity will be brought to your attention, providing you with early detection.
83. You’ll receive prompt notice if any new accounts are opened in your name... or if derogatory notations are added to your credit report.</li></li></ul><li>Restoration Services<br />If your identity is stolen, you need more than just information about how to restore your name and credit rating. As an Identity Theft ShieldSM member you can rest easy knowing experienced<br />professionals are working for you!<br />Fraud alert notifications will be sent on your behalf and applicable<br />follow up will be done with affected agencies and institutions<br />Proactive searches of applicable local and national databases will be made on your behalf to look for information you may not have known about<br />Identity Restoration will not apply if the identity theft is the result of a dishonest, criminal, malicious, or fraudulent act you, your spouse, or your child participated in, directed, or had knowledge of. Restoration services will not be provided for a known stolen identity event that occurred prior to enrollment date. You must be an active member to receive restoration services. Services provided do not cover financial losses arising from the identity theft. A signed limited power of attorney must be provided to Kroll when an Identity Theft Restoration case is opened in order for Kroll to work on your behalf and/or provide the Proactive Database Searches listed. A stolen identity event does not include the theft or unauthorized or illegal use of your business name, d/b/a, or any other method of identifying your business activity.<br />
84. Safeguard for Minors<br />Children under the age of 18 have a much higher risk of identity theft than is commonly realized. Thieves target them because the child’s information may be used for years without discovery … until the minor is old enough to establish credit.<br />Education, early detection, and expert consultation make for a powerful package of tools to minimize this risk.<br />Up to four minor children can be enrolled for monitoring to detect existing credit files and it will cost the member only $1 more per month per family. <br />All dependent children up to 18 are covered for consultation and restoration.<br />
85. How Much Will Peace of Mind Cost?<br />With the Pre-Paid Legal Life Events Legal Plan you will receive all these benefits for just $26 or less per month! And the Identity Theft Shield can be added for an additional $9.95 per month. <br />That’s less than the price <br />of a bottle of water a day.<br />
86. What’s in It For You?<br />We need your help taking this service and opportunity to the marketplace.<br />
87. The Opportunity<br />How do people create WEALTH?<br />Work for someone else? <br />Get a second job? A third job?<br />Escalating Expenses<br /><ul><li>Credit Cards
93. Car loans
96. Cell Phones
98. Taxes</li></li></ul><li>Two Goals<br />Sign up every family for the Life Events Legal Plan and Identity Theft Service<br /> PPL TRACK RECORD:<br /><ul><li>Servicing more than 1.5 million families.
99. Over 34,000 companies offer the services as an employee benefit.</li></ul>2. Create more millionaires than any other company<br />PPL TRACK RECORD:<br /><ul><li>In 2008 approximately every 12 days a new family started earning a six-figure income working with PPL!
100. And approximately every 24 days a new family joins the Millionaire Club!</li></ul>And you can, too, by doing three simple things!<br />
101. Advanced Commissions - $35.95<br />($26 PPL Family Plan + $9.95 Identity Theft Shield)<br />Cumulative<br />Override Advance<br />Team Override<br />Advance<br />Personal <br />Sales Advance<br />44.94<br />217.78<br />Executive Director<br />252.35<br />34.57<br />172.84<br />207.41<br />Director<br />172.84<br />34.57<br />138.27<br />Manager<br />138.27<br />69.14<br />103.71<br />SeniorAssociate<br />34.57<br />69.14<br />34.57<br />Associate<br />34.57<br />Junior Associate<br />All you have to do is collect:<br />$35.95 1st Month's fee<br />+ $10.00 One Time Enrollment<br /> $45.95<br />Want to earn higher commissions immediately? If your first activity is to recruit a new Junior Associate AND sell that person a membership, you will immediately advance to Associate level and receive the Associate level advance on that sale!<br />Commission amounts shown represent advances. If a membership cancels during the advance period, you will be charged back against future commission advances.<br />
102. Advanced Commissions - $26 Plan<br />Cumulative<br />Override Advance<br />Team Override<br />Advance<br />Personal <br />Sales Advance<br />32.50<br />157.50<br />Executive Director<br />182.50<br />25.00<br />125.00<br />150.00<br />Director<br />125.00<br />25.00<br />100.00<br />Manager<br />100.00<br />50.00<br />75.00<br />SeniorAssociate<br />50.00<br />25.00<br />25.00<br />Associate<br />25.00<br />Junior Associate<br />All you have to do is collect:<br />$26.00 1st Month's fee<br />+ $10.00 One Time Enrollment<br /> $36.00<br />Want to earn higher commissions immediately? If your first activity is to recruit a new Junior Associate AND sell that person a membership, you will immediately advance to Associate level and receive the Associate level advance on that sale!<br />Commission amounts shown represent advances. If a membership cancels during the advance period, you will be charged back against future commission advances.<br />
103. Pre-Paid Legal Pays You Every Day<br />Commissions are paid dailyby direct deposit! <br />
104. Player’s Club<br />Qualify for the Player’s Club and receive a monthly car bonus!<br />*The program requires additional requirements to be met. Review the Player’s Club flier for full details regarding this program.<br />Your monthly car bonus can<br />range from $100 to $500!<br />
105. This Business Is Simple<br />Let the tools do <br />the work for you!<br /><ul><li>Hand Outs
107. DVDs and CDs
108. Mail Outs
112. Third-party validations
113. and now . . . </li></li></ul><li>Viral Marketing Tool<br />Marketing experts believe the most valuable ad placement today is on someone's internet home page.<br />Through a partnership with blastoff, Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. now has the opportunity to expose individuals to their services through potentially millions of homepages.<br />FREE... FUN... EASY...<br />They shop, they save. You earn, and you market PPL.<br />
115. The Target Market Is Huge<br />The Top 10% Have <br />Or Can Afford Legal Access<br />The Bottom 10% Have Access To Legal Aid or Public Defender<br />Target Customer<br />$15-$25 <br />Billion Market<br />Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. <br />gives middle income North <br />America equal access to justice.<br />
116. The Market Timing Is Perfect<br />100 %<br />75 %<br />50 %<br />25 %<br />0 %<br />Approximately 80%<br />Of Europeans Have <br />Legal Coverage<br />Less than 3% of<br />North Americans Have <br />A Pre-Paid Legal <br />Services Membership<br />
117. Current Market Penetration<br />Less than 1%<br />penetration<br />1% to 3%<br />penetration<br />More than 3%<br />penetration<br />Plan not available<br />This map illustrates Pre-Paid Legal Services®, Inc.’s current market penetration. Percent of population based on households utilization of 2.5 household members per membership.<br />
118. Timing Is Key<br />History shows that when an industry hits a 2% market penetration, critical mass can be achieved.<br />THE GROWTH OF HMO’S<br />60%<br />50%<br />40%<br />30%<br />20%<br />10%<br />0%<br /><ul><li>It took 10 Years for HMO’s to reach 2% market penetration
119. After that, it took just seven more years to reach 52% market penetration</li></ul>1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17<br />
120. Timing Is Key<br />100<br />90<br />80<br />70<br />60<br />50<br />40<br />30<br />20<br />10<br />0<br />LIFE<br />AUTO<br />HEALTH<br />LEGAL<br />The three major divisions of the insurance industry have already achieved billions in market share.<br />
121. Timing<br />Recent National Media Campaign<br />MIKE MOORE: Former Attorney General Mississippi<br />MIKE TURPEN: Former Attorney General Oklahoma<br />GRANT WOODS: Former Attorney General Arizona<br />ANDREW P. MILLER:Former Attorney General Virginia<br />THOMAS J. DONOHUE: President & CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce<br />HARRY C. ALFORD: President & CEO, National Black Chamber of CommerceBILL PAUL: Former American Bar Association President<br />
122. Success Stories<br />Now, it is time to show you how Pre-Paid Legal really works. We’re going to share with you real stories from real people who have been helped either by the membership, the business opportunity or both.<br />
124. Investment<br />As a FAST START Associate you receive:<br />BUILDER’S PACK:<br /><ul><li> Applications
126. 3 months FREE enhanced website
127. 3 months FREE Televox
128. 1 Getting Started Right Book
129. 3 Training CDs
130. 3 Recruiting DVDs
131. 1 Recruiting CD</li></ul>Help one person start their business and sell ten $35.95 memberships =<br />$1,382.70<br />Special Executive Director support <br />and guidance to launch your business!<br />
132. Action Steps<br /><ul><li>Become a Member
133. Become an Associate
134. Plug into Your Area Events</li></ul>Thank you for your time.<br />
135. See You Next Week<br />Tonight’s event was great,and we appreciate your being here . . . but next week will be even better. <br />Don’t miss our special guest speaker! <br />Be sure to write it down because you definitely want to be here. And be sure to bring people with you!<br />