Jordan’s Brain Gain Group
The Jordan Edge
Making The Edge
First Teleconference Agenda and Results
The Group was conceptualized and
launched by Kareem Kawar to whom
we dedicate any initiative taken
under this umbrella
Special Thanks To the Makers
In Sequence of their Comments
• Bayan Shadaideh
• Joe Ayyoub
• Karim Kawar
• Eyad Mansour
• Rohaifa Hallak
• Akram Ayoub
• Nader Jadallah
• Ra’id Arabiyat
• Ziad Duwairi
• Charles Shaban
• Ghaith Rabadi
• Faisal khatib
Participant’s Brief Introductions
Participants in the teleconference
How long they have been away
The Jordan Edge
Summary of discussed Points
• The Human Element is the Edge
• Jordanian Human Assets in the Silicon Valley to be a marketed to investors to invest in Jordan
• The presence of a strong local/ regional economy with clear, open and somewhat guaranteed
market access, to see their product.
And ,The presence of a strong local value chain to quot;Simplifyquot; their approach to business in the
region are needed
• Developing and Marketing off-shore business to investors, based on the Human Capital
• Showcasing the Jordanian Human Assets is adamant...
• Jordan can capitalize and succeed only if we can find our own competitive edge but not “The
Me Too” one
• We have to capitalize on the Changes taking place in the world economy to our benefit
• The Jordan Edge is Jordanian Human Power in Management, IT and Telecom
• Other points for discussion Sustaining this resource in a flat world ,Education , Professional
Training ,Marketing our resources , Exporting our resources
• Small to medium acquisition potential or JV. How you can find and reach those potential
Jordanian companies? And how you can make your plans and ideas know to Jordanian
companies so they can approach you?
Points for Discussion
• Is The Human Element our Edge?
• What Else ?
• If The Human Element is it, what makes it unique regionally and globally?
• How can we develop these competencies Further?
• How can we Showcase and Market that element?
• What can The Jordanian Human Capital outside Jordan do to develop that edge?
• How would that be the key element to attract investors?
After only 20 days of posting The Jordan Edge, we have
succeeded to have an excellent fruitful meeting, in which we
had wonderful turnout of participants.
The participants had intense passion which made the
discussion steered to reach solid and tangible action points,
and stir very insightful important points.
We have succeeded in covering the agenda and went beyond
the aspired expectations considering it is our first meeting
The Jordanian Edge
After a general introduction to re-assert
the main objective, we agreed and
confirmed the fact that was discussed,
that the Jordanian Edge is undoubtedly
the Human Capital
What are the competencies that make the
Jordanian Human Element Unique?
• Well Educated
• Excel in the Information Technology and Finance Fields.
Wonderful Examples about Jordanian Stars in the
Silicon Valley were shared, as well as in the MENA and
Gulf Region of Jordanians that have achieved very
unique and influential positions.
Genuine Concerns in this area were raised including;
• Since we have such High Quality Impactful Brains, we need to
showcase this strength.
• We need to develop and nurture the general business skills,
Managerial and Leadership and Definitely Innovation.
• Jordanian Assets living outside Jordan live with the passionate
dream of leveraging and developing their Mother Land
• We need to know HOW we built this edge, so we know how to
maintain and sustain it.
Developing the Edge; How do we showcase and invest
in the Jordanian Brain Power?
• We need to build our data base of the Jordanian Pinnacles that are outside Jordan
• Jordanian Seniors in the Information Technology world can definitely influence their
companies to seriously consider investing in Jordan
• Since almost everyone comes to Jordan in the summer we can plan a gathering that can be
our first meeting in person
• Use the examples of Jordanian Successful Assets as Role Models, to motivate and inspire
• Start working on our general concerns in this aspect, and develop action plans
• Begin Development of Jordanian Caliber at a young age
• Mr. Kareem suggested that we begin looking at the already existing organizations and entities
that can be of help, and for the needs that we find missing we can definitely build the entities
for that purpose.
Building the Bridge
We need to not forget the Wealth of Brain
Power inside Jordan as well, and the true
and most significant edge will only come
from the synergy we can reach by building
the bridge of Jordanian Human Powers
between those who are in Jordan and those
who are outside representing Jordan in the
Building the Bridge; How can we do that?
• The Indian “Tie” Experience was discussed www.tie.org
Which we can definitely study as an example, and begin
developing the Jordanian Version.
• Begin by enlarging and developing the group by
expanding the number of members
• Considering developing a Face Book Group to publicize
the linkedin group
The needs and concerns of Jordanians outside
Jordan especially in the Gulf Area
We discussed a case that shed the light on
Jordanian working in the Gulf Region, Saudi Arabia
specifically, which helped us look at some of the
important aspects that affect the wellbeing and
image of Jordanian Human Power.
The Jordan Edge Foundation
• Participants were extremely thrilled by how strong and useful our meetings can
be, which made us develop a plan for further development and consolidation.
• We need to agree on the strategic goals; Purpose, Vision, Mission, Then agree on
• Develop the FOUNDERS COMMITTEE
• Meet Every Thursday same timing, for it is feasible for all
• Think about another option for our meetings that could make it even easier, like
• Share Contact Information
• Continue with the same positive spirit
Participants In The Teleconference
Kareem Kawar, Bayan Shadaideh, Joe Ayyoub,
Ra'id Arabiyat, Rula Habash, Nader Jadallah, Zaid
Duwairi, and Eyad Mansour.
Join us to Make The Edge
For Joining our Thursday conferences
Please find updates on future discussion points in
the Brain Gain Group
Your comments are of extreme value to us, please
participate in our discussions and share your