2. Currency (Euro)
• Italy and Spain use the Euro.
• Italians have used it since 1st january 1999.
• Whereas Spain has used it since January 1
• The zloty is a traditional Polish currency.
• It dates back to the Middle Ages.
• Zloty means golden.
• The Lithuanian litas is the currency unit of
• The litas was first introduced on 2 October
1922 after World War II, when Lithuania
declared independence and was reintroduced
on 25 June 1993,
• The Leu is the currency unit of Romania
• It was first adopted in 1867.
• In 2005 the so called fourth Leu was
• The Turkish Lira is the currency
• It has been used since 1844.
• The lev is the currency of Bulgary.
• The lev was introduced as Bulgaria’s currency
• All these countries have a diverse landscape
consisting of uplands and
lowlands, countryside and towns and cities
9. • You can enjoy hilly landscapes in all of
them, beaches in Italy and Spain, lakes in
Lithuania, breathtaking monasteries in
Romania and Bulgary, ancient Salt Mines in
Poland, and Bosforo in Turkey.
10. • We all have important monuments to see:
• Bulgaria- Alexander Nevsky cathedral
• Italia- The Pantheon
• Lithuania-Trakkai palace
• Roumania- Orthodox Cathedral
• Poland- Wroclaw Cathedral
• Turkey: blue mosque
• Spain- El Palacio Real
11. Bulgaria- Alexander Nevsky cathedral
12. Italia- The Pantheon
13. Lithuania- Trakkai palace
14. Roumania- orthodox cathedral
15. Poland- wroclaw cathedral
16. Blue mosque
17. Spain- Real Palace
• On the one hand Italy Spain Lithuania and
Poland are Catholic whereas on the other
hand Bulgaria and Rumania are orthodox and
Turkey is an Islamic country.
• All this countries have different languages.
• Italians speak a good Italian which is very
similar to Spanish and to Romanian.
• Why? because these languages come from
• You Poles speak Polish, but if you want to stay
in Lithuania you must learn Lithuanian and
go to Turkey to learn Turkish.
• All these countries use Latin alphabet.
• But Bulgarian prefer to use Cyrillic alphabet
• Romania is a unitary presidential republic
whereas Bulgaria is an unitary parlamentary
• Turkey is a parliamentary constitutional
• Lithuania is a parliamentary republic as Poland
• Italy is an unitary parlamentary constitutional
• On the other hand Spain is the only one which
is not a republic.
• Spain is an unitary parliamentary
• Where the king is Juan Carlos l
• The prime minister is Mariano Rajoy