Look at the following sentences:
1. The men paint the house.
2. The men painted the house.
3. The men have painted the house. (Present Perfect Tense)
Present Perfect Tense
Made up of
“ have /has” + past participle form of
When do we use the Present Perfect Tense?
“Ali has gone to school. ”
- used to describe an action that has been completed.
Isn’t the Past Tense also used to describe
“Ali went to school.”
He went for tuition yesterday.
He has gone for tuition yesterday.
In using the Present Perfect tense:
-we cannot include the time of action.
“ He has eaten the bread.”
Pretend that you are a detective investigating a crime that just
You are to come up with a crime scene report using 8 Present
Perfect Tenses in your report.
1. When we arrived at the scene of the crime, it seemed that the
suspect has just left the building.
the fish bowl.
Can of blue paint
To solve the case of the barefoot burglar , log on to:
1.The present perfect tense is made up of ________
a. has/have + present participle
b. had + past participle
c. has/have + past participle form of verb
2. In using the Present Perfect Tense, we should not
a. the completed action
b. the time in which the action was completed
c. the action