1. Nickname-Part in the Band-Real Name“M.Shadows” –Lead Singer-Matthew Charles Sanders“Synyster Gates”-Guitarist-Brian Elwin Haner, Jr.“Zacky Vengeance”-rhythm guitarist-Zackary James Baker“The Rev”- Drummer- Jimmy Owens Sullivan“Johnny Christ”- bassist- Jonathan Lewis Seward
2. The Lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold. Also, the songwriter. Bornin July 31, 1981. Born in the town on Huntington, California, alsowent to the Huntington Beach High School and had a youngpunk band named “Successful Failure”. including the bandmembers “The Rev” and “Zachy Vengeance” He formed theband now called “Avenged Sevenfold” in 1999. Soon after, TheRev invited Synyster. Shadows says that he chose "M. Shadows"as his stage name because he thought of himself as "the darkercharacter in the group”. Shadows possesses the voice type of ahigh baritone, or what some call "honey in gravel", and is wellknown for his distinctively gritty, rough and powerful voice as wellas occasional screaming.In the DVD "All Excess," Shadows claims that everyone in theband had been assigned to come up with a list of names, butthat only he had followed through. The name AvengedSevenfold, a reference to the Book of Genesis, was chosen overLips of Deceit, another Biblical reference.
3. Brian Elwin Haner, Jr. (Born July 7, 1981.), better known by hisstage name Synyster Gates or simply Syn, is an Americanmusician, best known for being the lead guitarist of theAmerican Heavy metal band Avenged Sevenfold. In theAvenged Sevenfold Special Edition of Revolver magazine thatwas released the same day as the Nightmare album, Gatesstated that he originally started out writing the song "So FarAway" in honor of his grandfather. However, the song is nowprimarily about Gates former band mate, The Rev, who passedaway in December of 2009. On April 20, 2011, Gates won theRevolver Golden God award for Best Guitarist along with bandmate, Zacky Vengeance. Avenged Sevenfold picked upnumerous other awards and delivered the headliningperformance of the night. His father, Brian Haner, Sr., alsoknown as "Guitar Guy," on Jeff Dunhams shows. Synyster wasborn in Huntington, California. He went to Huntington BeachHigh School with all the other members.
4. Zachary James Baker, (born December 11, 1981) better known byhis stage name Zacky Vengeance, is the rhythmguitarist and backing vocalist for theAmerican metal/rock band Avenged Sevenfold.attended Huntington Beach High School, and formed AvengedSevenfold there with M. Shadows and The Rev. Before AvengedSevenfold, he was in a punk band called MPA*, which stands forMad Porno Action. Despite playing the guitar left handed,Vengeance recalls the first guitar he learned to play on wasactually a right-handed his parents had bought him for histhirteenth birthday. He learned by playing upside-down, watchinghis favorite bands and other people he knew who played, andpracticed as much as he could.
5. James Owen Sullivan (February 9, 1981 – December 28, 2009) more commonly known byhis stage name The Reverend Tholomew Plague , often shortened to The Rev, was anAmerican musician, best known as the drummer for the American heavymetal band Avenged Sevenfold. He was also the lead vocalist/pianist in Pinkly Smooth, aside project where he was known by the name Rat Head, with fellow Avenged Sevenfoldmember, guitarist Synyster Gates. Sullivan grew up and lived in Huntington BeachCalifornia. He got his first pair of drum sticks at the age of four and received his own drumset at the age of ten. In high school, he started playing in bands. Before leaving to joinAvenged Sevenfold as one of the bands founding members, Sullivan was the drummer forthe third wave ska band Suburban Legends. At the age of eighteen he recorded his firstalbum with Avenged Sevenfold titled Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. Sullivans body wasfound in his home on December 28, 2009 at the age of 28. His death was reported as dueto natural causes. The results of the autopsy performed on December 30, 2009, however,were inconclusive. On June 9, 2010, the cause of death was revealed to have been anacute polydrug intoxication due to combined effects of oxycodone(Percocet),oxymorphone (a metabolite ofoxycodone), diazepam (Valium), nordiazepam (a metabolite of diazepam) and alcohol.His death was the result of an accidental overdose due tointoxication. Cardiomegaly (enlarged heart) was reported as a "significant condition" thatplayed a role in Sullivans death because of the medication he was prescribed to takecare of it.On January 6, 2010, a private funeral was held for Sullivan,and a day later he was buried inHuntington Beach, California.Shortly after his death, Good Charlotte dedicated theirsingle, "The River", to him.R.I.P. The Rev. You will be loved and missed. </3
6. Jonathan Lewis Seward, (born November 18, 1984), better known byhis stage name Johnny Christ, is the bassist of the American heavymetal band Avenged Sevenfold. Johnny was the fourth bassist tojoin Avenged Sevenfold in 2002, replacing former members MattWendt, Justin Sane, and Dameon Ash. Johnny Sewardattended Marina High School in Huntington Beach, California. Heproceeded through high school and formally met M. Shadows, ZackyVengeance, Synyster Gates, and The Rev. Despite not being in theband at the time, Johnny was already friends with TheRev and Synyster Gates, then soon after M. Shadows and ZackyVengeance. Seward initially took a few weeks off from high schoolduring his senior year to fill in for Avenged Sevenfolds previousbassist, Dameon Ash, during one of their tours because he went ontour with Avenged Sevenfold as a roadie. These few weeks wouldbecome permanent as he dropped out of high school to becomethe bands current bassist.
7. Avenged Sevenfold (often abbreviated A7X) is an American heavymetal band from Huntington Beach, California. Formed in 1999, thegroup consists of M. Shadows (vocalist), Synyster Gates (leadguitarist), Zacky Vengeance (rhythm guitarist), and JohnnyChrist(bassist).They are known for their diverse rock sound, dramatic imagery in albumcovers and t-shirts. Avenged Sevenfold emerged with a metalcore sound on their debut Sounding the Seventh Trumpet but their stylehad evolved by their third album and first major label release, City ofEvil into a hard rock/heavy metal sound. The band continued to explorenew sounds with their self-titled release and enjoyed continuedmainstream success before their drummer, James "The Rev" Sullivan, diedin 2009. Despite his death, the band continued on with help of now-former Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy and released and touredin support of their fifth album Nightmare in 2010 which debuted on thetop spot of the Billboard 200, their first number one debut.To date, Avenged Sevenfold has released five studio albums, one livealbum/compilation/DVD, and eighteen singles and sold more than fourmillion albums worldwide. The band has received much credit for theirworldwide mainstream success and were featured as second placeon Ultimate Guitars Top Ten Bands of the Decade.