Prepared by Interaction Team
Bates 141 Singapore Pte Ltd
Who doesn’t know about Facebook?
The Rise of Facebook Mobile
Facebook for Your Brands
Facebook New Features
KPI and ROI
Facebook Case Studies
How many people are on
How many people are on
5. Ages 18‐44: Most Active Users
Source: checkfacebook.com / 2010
6. More than
people click like on Facebook pages
7. 3 bil
people click like everyday
8. Facebook Tools
– Fans base.
– Chat, quiz, games and mobile apps.
– Integrate brand’s Facebook presence to other
– E.g. Facebook Connect: an open identifier
which allows users to login (to shop,
comment and browse) to other respective
websites with their Facebook profiles.
– Banner advertising on the right side of your
profile which can target audiences based on
their demographic profiles such as age,
gender, relationship, interest and location.
9. Facebook Strategy No. 1
7 simple waystoengage.
Start a campaign or activity with an
objective. It’ll make your life easier when
you set the KPI for your brand.
Give people something to do.
Encourage people to take photos or
videos from the events and upload it to
Apart from related questions, ask random questions.
(Show that we care about their lives outside Facebook and our brand.)
E.g. How’s your weekend?
Related questions vs. Random questions
Whether they are negative or positive,
talk to them. From official to casual tone
of voice. Be a friend.
Tell people that you exist
Redirect traffic from other related
groups (service related, non‐profit,
Create avenues for your audience to
connect to you
Add a like button
Enable Facebook connect
“Find us on Facebook”
Enable activity feed plugins on
your website or blog.
17. Facebook Strategy No. 2
18. 1. Provide coupons
2. Host contests or
19. Facebook Places
The things that Foursquare cannot do but Facebook Places can do:
Tag the friends you’re with so
they can be part of your
20. So, do you
21. The Social Network
22. First thing first.
Ask your client the following:
1. Why do they want to do on Facebook?
2. What do they want to achieve?
23. Measuring Success
– Number of fans and advocates.
– Number of mentions.
– Participation in the discussions, posts and
– Numbers of downloads of contest entries,
coupons and apps (mobile app and Facebook
– Web traffic driven.
Traffic to sales.
To get people talking about the launch of a new store in Malmo (Sweden) and
spread the news to their online network.
IKEA utilized the existing features that users were familiar with, which are tagging
and sharing. Over a two‐week period, showroom images were uploaded to his
Facebook photo album. The first person to tag an object got to take it home.
25. Breast Cancer Awareness
What colour is your bra?
Female members of the site changing their Facebook status to the colors of the
bras they're currently wearing.
I like it on the…
Facebook statuses like ‐"I like it on the floor", "I like it on the kitchen floor", "I like
it on the dining table“ etc. about the locations where women place their handbags
26. Start here
Watch “The Social Network”
Find out more about your brands on search engine (Facebook, twitter, Google
and Social Mention)
– What shows up in the top 10 result?
– What do they say? Positive or negative?
Keep yourself updated:
– Read Mashable EVERY DAY
– Allfacebook.com (The Unofficial Facebook Resource)
– Insidefacebook.com (Tracking Facebook and the Facebook Platform for Marketers)
– Checkfacebook.com (Facebook penetration across the globe)
– Come out with 1 idea of using Facebookelement(s)
to solve client’s problem.