* AIM low: Point the extinguisher nozzle (or hose) at the base of the fire.
* SQUEEZE the handle to release the extinguishing agent. Be prepared! It will come out with force.
* SWEEP from side to side, moving carefully toward the fire. Keep the extinguisher aimed at the base of the fire, sweeping back and forth until all the flames are out. Watch the fire area. If the fire re-ignites, repeat the process.
Another fire extinguisher near you is right outside the classroom entrance
The fire extinguisher is located in the front of the room.
In order for a fire to burn it must have all elements including oxygen, and by placing the fire blanket over the fire it cuts off all oxygen supply to the fire.
The science showerhead is large enough to cover the entire circumference of the body eliminating all injurious materials and substances.
Supplies a soft controlled amount of water to both eyes.
Regulation, volume and pressure is required.
There is a goggle cabinet in the front of the room.
The Fire Exit plan is located by the entrance of the room.
General Safety In The Lab
1. Conduct yourself in a responsible manner at all times in the laboratory.
2. Follow all written and verbal instructions carefully. If you do not understand a direction or part of a procedure, ask the instructor before proceeding.
3. Never work alone. No student may work in the laboratory without an instructor present.
4. When first entering a science room, do not touch any equipment, chemicals, or other materials in the laboratory area until you are instructed to do so.
5. Do not eat food, drink beverages, or chew gum in the laboratory. Do not use laboratory glassware as containers for food or beverages.
6. Perform only those experiments authorized by the instructor. Never do anything in the laboratory that is not called for in the laboratory procedures or by your instructor. Carefully follow all instructions, both written and oral. Unauthorized experiments are prohibited.
7. Be prepared for your work in the laboratory. Read all procedures thoroughly before entering the laboratory. Never fool around in the laboratory. Horseplay, practical jokes, and pranks are dangerous and prohibited.
8.Keep aisles clear. Push your chair under the desk when not in use.