Golf Psychology Guaranteed to improve a players mind game AND business performance Mind 4 GOLF Academy, Surrey, England, UK Tel: +44 (0)1932 872433 Fax: +44 (0)1932 872741 E-mail: Mind 4 [email_address] Something different to liven up your corporate golf day event - an interesting, memorable and inspiring talk on To: Corporate Golf Day Event Organisers
Golf is an easy game . . . . . . it’s just hard to play. Anon.
There are two talk topic options:
A. Golf and BUSINESS
This presentation is about Psychology in Golf AND Business, entitled ‘Mental Keys for Success in Golf AND Business’
B. Golf ONLY
Please ask to see a separate presentation on Golf Psychology entitled ‘Mental Keys for Success in Golf’. Designed for club member evening events, though also suitable for corporate golf days.
PowerPoint presentations with question time
Liven up Your Corporate Golf Day! A talk packed full of practical tips and ideas, as well as simple mental drills and techniques that can be applied immediately to improve your most valued clients, directors and employees golf game. As well as enhance their business, relationships, change, leadership, motivation and team-building. Instead of the traditional morning of 9 or 18 holes, trick artist demo, PGA tour/teaching pro clinic, why not enhance your ‘mind game’, learn the mental secrets of golf’s greatest legends, and improve your confidence, consistency and results.
This practical talk will offer tips for taking your game (and business) to a new level
Show how, beyond sound fundamentals, success in golf (and career) is mental
Explain how to remove negative self-talk and think (and play, and work!) positively
Demonstrate techniques for visualising golf shots (and objectives) correctly
Suggest ideas for overcoming negative fears , feelings and emotions
Hear about top tour pro’s most closely guarded psychology secrets and how you can apply to your own game and job
Typical topics covered in the talk
About the Mind 4 GOLF Academy
Suggested event options, fee and what to do next
Typical topics covered in the talk
Taking your game to a new level Mental Keys for Success in Golf AND Business Mind 4 GOLF Academy, Surrey, England, UK Tel: +44 (0)1932 872433 Fax: +44 (0)1932 872741 E-mail: Mind 4 [email_address] Presented by David Norman Golf psychologist & ‘competitive mental toughness’ coach to PGA tour professionals, and executive leadership coach The Mind4GOLF Academy are pleased to present a talk on golf psychology to enhance playing performance and as a metaphor for business improvement Typical Talk Outline ONLY
How to take your game (and business performance) to a new level . . . Performance Enjoyment Learning
Improving a players mental game, will help resolve the following issues . . .
How can I stop shaking at the first tee?
How can I improve if I don't have time to practise?
Why do I play badly when trying to impress others?
Why is there no more fun in the game?
Why are my scores so inconsistent?
Why do I play better in practice than on the course?
Experts agree that golf is anything up to 95% mental . . .
Mental mastery is the crux of the game at every level.
Improved mental control means better:
Consistency - to make high stakes shots with ease (and achieve challenging goals)
Concentration - to keep emotions under control (to sustain high-performance)
Confidence - to trust your swing on every shot (to inspire leadership)
and that quickly translates into lower figure handicaps.
• Beyond sound fundamentals, success in golf (and business) is mental • What is the 'mental' game? • Evolution of the mental game in golf
Why improving the mental side will help your game (and career) . . .
• Negative self-talk • Self-limiting phrases • ’ Only playing with words’ 2. Removing the bunkers in your mind (in golf and work) - negative self-talk and beliefs . . .
“ Many conflicting voices are chattering inside the mind of the average golfer. He or she is thinking of the latest swing ‘tips’ heard on the veranda, and wondering . . . The golfer must learn to turn off these voices”.
Harvey Penick’s little red golf book. 1992.
• Understand why most players do it badly • According to Jack Nicklaus, accurate shot placement is 50% visualisation • Identify areas where you want better performance, fulfilment or results? 3. Seeing pictures in your 'minds-eye' - how to visualise correctly (in golf and business) . . .
• Overcome negative emotions • Discover how Tiger Woods manages emotions • Learn the secrets of ‘playing-in-the-moment’ and ‘forgetting’ your last shot 4. Developing empowering feelings (in golf and job) - a playing state of mind & body . . .
“ Attitude is what makes a great putter . . . and is largely mental . . . and is free of fear. The golfer has to believe the putt will go in the hole, but not care if he misses . . . he must find a balance between determination and nonchalance.
Golf is not a game of perfect
by Bob Rotella. 1995.
• Discover the power of WIN goals • You must clarify what you want • How would you know when you have got your goal? 5. Going for your golfing goals (to win in golf and business) - positive, measurable and realistic . . .
Golf is a great leveller, and over 18 holes corner cutting and character flaws are often cruelly exposed:
6. What you can learn about your playing partners (client, employees, etc.) personality . . .
• Hear about tour pro’s closely guarded psychology secrets and how you can apply to your own game • Learn how to mentally rehearse 'excellence' fundamentals through solid mental drills and routines 7. Tricks to learn from Tour Pro's to help your game (and leadership performance) . . .
Experts agree that golf is anything up to 95% mental . . . However hard players work on their swing, if their mental game is inconsistent, then their scores (and work performance) will also be inconsistent! Developing the mind is the key to playing to their full potential on every hole. Players will learn many useful tips and ideas, practical techniques and valuable skills guaranteed to improve their game (enhance their career, relationships, change and life) and lower their scores. This talk will teach players step-by-step how to get rid of mental blocks, 'hazardous' thinking, lack of concentration, indecision and impatience, negative self-talk, and bad moods like anger and frustration. They will also learn how to improve distance, power and accuracy, and build confidence, concentration and consistency, and get more enjoyment out of the game (and job).
“ It takes a great deal more than a good swing to get consistently good figures around the golf course. A good part of the game is played between the ears, meaning the judgement, based on thought and experience, is often as important as mechanical skills”.
Bobby Jones on golf. 1966.
2. About the Mind 4 GOLF Academy
Mind 4 GOLF Academy - Services
Talks - evening members club talks on golf psychology
Coaching – customised playing, handicap and competition improvement
Corporate Golf Days
Talks - golf psychology talk to improve golf (and business) performance - event morning talk or keynote pre-after dinner speech for a different, memorable and inspirational corporate golf day
PGA Tour Professionals - worldwide
Winning performance programme
Rapid come-back programme
Leadership Dynami X - Services
1. Executive Coaching – for top, senior and high potential executives. Optional (and highly effective!) to include sports/golf psychology as a metaphor for performance improvement and/or business psychotherapy
2. Workshops - customised and bespoke skills-transfer and group coaching programmes • Train-the-coach • Team-building • Leadership development
3. Forum - Leadership Forum - corporate membership programme of applied leadership research
4. Mastery in Leadership - Accelerated transformation pilot projects and programme for top-teams, teams and groups
5. Keynotes – executive briefings on hot topics for corporate events
www.LeadershipDynami X .com
3. Speaker Profile
Mind 4 GOLF.com David Norman - Profile BCom (Psychology) BCom (Hons) (Management) Chartered Engineer. MIEE Certified Master Hypnotherapist Certified Ericksonian Master Practitioner Certified Master TimeLine® Therapist Certified Trainer & Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming David has a proven track record as a successful golf psychologist, ‘mental game’ skills trainer, and 'competitive mental toughness' performance coach, to some of the world's top PGA tour professional players. He has been a regular writer for Golf Monthly (UK), has appeared on Sky TV Golf Extra, presents frequent talks to amateur players at members clubs and corporate golf days, and runs regular one-day pubic seminars and clinics. He also has a 10 year track record as a successful executive leadership coach ( www.LeadershipDynami X .com ) to many business leaders, directors and top managers in blue chip firms.
4. Suggested event talk options, fee and what to do next
Two TOPIC options . . .
Engaging, stimulating and inspiring talks on:
Talk A - Psychology in Golf AND Business
‘ Mental Keys for Success in Golf AND Business’
Talk B - Golf Psychology
‘ Mental Keys for Success in Golf’
(ask to see separate presentation for talk to golf club members)
(PowerPoint presentation and question time)
Two SCHEDULE options:
Event morning talk
Suggested time: 45, 60 or 90 mins
Evening dinner speech
Pre-event evening or evening-of-event/before or after-dinner
Suggested time: 30 or 45 mins
The presentation fee for a corporate golf day event, morning presentation or evening dinner speech is:
UK - £1750
Europe - £2250
USA, SE Asia and RoW - by quotation
(plus VAT, travel and equipment hire, and where relevant air fares, hotel and subsistence, all at cost)
We look forward to having the opportunity of presenting at your next Corporate Golf Day.
To help your most valued clients, directors, sales-force, high-achievers or employees take their game (and business performance) to a new level.
To discuss further, or arrange a talk date
Please contact event administrator Christine or David Norman NOW at the Mind 4 GOLF Academy Tel: +44 (0)1932 872433