How you know your ad is liveHow you measure if your ad is working
1. Reach the exact audience you want with
relevant targeted ads
2. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
General housekeeping rules
Round the table
3. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
By the end of this morning you will be able to ……
• Understand FB advertising part of your over all SM strategy
• Potential FB adverts can have on your business
• 4 main ways to advertise on Facebook
• Why the more targeted your adverts are, more cost effective & successful they will be
• Reasons for using FB ads – more fans, more leads, new customers
• How to set up and run a Facebook advert
• Importance of testing and analysing campaigns
4. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Pillars of marketing
Facebook advertising should only be one of the pillars of your overall digital marketing
Another aid to get customers through the marketing funnel. Facebook will aid qualifying
those potential customers.
5. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Facebook Advertising …what is it and why?
Businesses pay Facebook to show adverts to people who might be interested In their
• 97% of marketers stated they reply on SM marketing more than ever for their business.
They also agreed that their businesses are really starting to invest in Facebook paid ads.*
• Facebook generated over $5 billion during 2013 in Facebook advertising alone.
• 64% of advertisers expected to increase SM spending during 2014.
*Social Media Examiner
6. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
7. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Facebook path to the £££’s
The basics first…
1. Get more Fans
– Ave no. of friends per person is 229
2. Get Lots of leads
– To convert them into contact information
3. Get new customers
– Only % of Facebook pool will become paying customers. Are you attracting the right kind
9. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
1. Page Promotion Ad (*Under Build Audience)
An ad which is used to build your audience by encouraging people to like your Page.
When people like your Page, it shows in their list of likes and their friends may also see
that they’ve liked you through a story in News Feed.
The people who like your Page will also see your most engaging Page content in their news
Best used for Getting Page ‘Likes’ & Brand awareness
• Specifically meant for new businesses (to Facebook)
without sophisticated targeting needs & looking to get
more ‘Likes’ according to the company
10. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
11. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
2. Promoted Posts
Promoting Page posts helps your post reach more people.
When you promote a post, you can choose to reach more of the people who like your Page
or expand your audience to everyone on Facebook.
Whether a post is promoted or not, the more engaging and interesting it is to your
audience, the more organic reach it will have.
Click on “Boost Post” while you’re creating a post, or once it’s already posted, to promote
Best used for getting more people to see your posts (Promoting special events, offers and
12. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
13. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
14. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
15. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
3. Offers & Events
Facebook Offers are posts about a special discount or promotion that can be created right
from the sharing tool on your Page.
An offer post is special because when it shows to people in News Feed, it has a Get Offer
button that encourages people to claim it. People have the option to share offers they
claim with their friends, which means you’ll reach more people.
You can track the success of your offers not just through the number of claims, but also by
counting how many customers walk into your store and spend money. You can even create
a barcode for your offer so that it's easy to scan them and keep track of sales.
When you set up an offer, you need to add a budget to promote it. You'll be able to choose
from different budgets, depending on how many people you want to reach.
Best for Increasing sales in your store by encouraging foot traffic,
Engagement and virality.
16. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
17. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Who is your target market?
Take 5 mins to define your ‘perfect’ customer for your product/service
Size of business (B2B)
o Video games
o Home Improvement
18. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Time for a 15min break!
19. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
4. Facebook Advertising
The ad create tool is designed to help you meet your most important business goals &
includes a powerful set of targeting options so you reach just the right people for your
If you’re advertising a Page, app, or event, you’ll be asked to choose a goal:
- Get more Page likes
- Promote Page posts
- Get more app users
- Increase app engagement
- Increase event attendance
If you’re advertising a website off of Facebook, you won’t be asked to select a goal, but you
can link your ad to a Page on Facebook so that it can show in the News Feed
in addition to the right column.
Best used for achieving specific goals & Targeting the right Audience
20. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Creating your Ad
1. Who is your target market?
2. Objective of your campaign
3. How to create your ad
21. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
22. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Where to send leads?
On-site – to a Fan page/ Business Page/ App
Off-site – to a website
Squeeze pages – On of Off Facebook
Facebook Store (www.Ecwid.com etc.)
23. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
How to Create your Ad
24. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
How to Create your Ad
Define your objective
25. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Step 1 - Find a suitable image
For all ads, the best size image
to upload is 1200x627 pixels.
A minimum width of 600 pixels
for images appearing in News
26. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Step 2 – Create your ad content
27. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Step 3 – Find an audience
31. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Common reasons ads are not approved
1. Improper grammar and capitalisation
2. Images that are not appropriate or contain more than 20% of
3. Deceptive or unclear offers
4. Inaccurate ad text
5. Poor ad targeting
32. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Measuring your Results
33. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Measuring your Results
34. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Measuring your Results
35. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Facebook Ads – Useful Tips
Split test your Ads
Change images frequently
Check Facebook Ad Guidelines
Sharpen your focus
Ugly designs work!
Pick your focus
Set a budget
Stand out from the crowd
Ask for what you want
36. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Glossary of Facebook Ad Terms
Facebook for Business:
37. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
38. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Turbo charge your online marketing in 2014
Join the Digital Eyes Media Academy starting on 24th April
The shocking truth about Google Analytics
The secrets that SEO professionals don’t want you to know
Understanding which social media channel is for you (if any)!
How not to lose your shirt when using Pay Per Click
Why 70% of websites don’t work and how to avoid it
Build a legion of followers by having a kick ass blog that’s the
envy of your competition
First month for just
39. Facebook Advertising Masterclass
Offer ends 28th February 2014
“These days everyone needs to have an
awareness of online marketing techniques. The
course is great value and I recommend it to
both beginners and intermediate practitioners