1. Important Tools for Effective &
SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS
7 LEVELS OF COMMUNICATION
2. WHERE ARE WE NOW?
HOW MANY OF US:
• Have read 7 Levels of Communication?
• Do 1 to 1 meetings now?
• Do stack days now?
• Are familiar with the Spectrum of Solutions?
• Have and use a Spectrum of Solutions or a brochure?
3. SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS
What are you currently using to inform others?
How is it working?
What is going well?
What have you learned?
What would you like to change?
4. WHAT IS A SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS?
Michael J. Maher’s definition – a document
depicting and listing the
solutions provided by
a company, salesperson
5. WHAT IS A SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS?
Solution – a means of solving a problem or
dealing with a difficult situation.
What problem or difficult
situation are you solving?
6. A Few Samples
7. A Few Samples
8. A Few Samples
9. INTENTION OF THE SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS
• It summarizes who you are and what you do
• Tells people who you can help and how
• Includes Features, Advantages & Benefits of the
Solutions that you offer
• Focus on the problems you solve, rather than “How
great I am”
• Helps Answer WIIFM
10. WHY USE THE SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS?
• Illustrates that we focus on our referral
• Allows us time more time to get to know the other person
• It’s a tool that we can use over and over and don’t have to
re-invent each time we meet with someone.
11. WHY USE THE SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS?
• Starts to establish a relationship.
• Shows we are prepared.
• Begins to establish our role as a Trusted Expert
in our field.
12. GOAL FOR TODAY
• To Understand what the Spectrum of Solutions is and how to
• To create or improve your Spectrum of Solutions
• Or…decide if it will work for you
13. WHO IS THE SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS
• People in your data base
• Potential customer/clients
• Potential referral sources
• Potential business relationships
• (These could all be the same person!)
14. INTENTION OF THE SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS
• Must address the concerns they are
thinking about when their head hits the
pillow at night!
• Your Name, Company Name and Contact
• Current Professional Picture of you
• What is your WHY? Why do you do what you
• What services and solutions do you offer?
(FEATURES, ADVANTAGES, BENEFITS)
• How could it benefit the reader, and their
• What makes you special?
• What benefits do you provide?
• What makes you different than others?
• Provides consistency and focus
A CONFUSED MIND DOES NOTHING
SO make it clear and easy to read!
• 1, 2 or 3 column
• Front & Back
19. SUCCESS STORIES
• Can be a great addition to the back of the page or a
• “James Tully provided us excellent service. Over the past
year we have dealt with 3 other Realty companies. James'
work ethic, professionalism, and follow through was
superb. We will certainly recommend only James to
anyone looking to buy or sell property. “
• Jeff & Lori