2.  Media convergence is the merging of mass communications outlets—print, television, radio, the Internet along with portable and interactive technologies through various digital presentation platforms. Convergence means the availability of same content on different platforms.
4.  Change in media consumption pattern / Innovations in devices .  Mobile music, music download, e-papers, m-papers, Digital Cinema/audio cinema Online & Mobile Cinema Ticketing ,Television Portals ,Online digital streaming, digital movie/TV downloads, Video-on-demand, Online advertising, Online video games & wireless video games. High Penetration  India has 750+ mn subscription for mobile, the 2nd largest in the world with around 557 mn active users.  Internet users – 100 mn  47mn use that in mobile Growth of M-commerce Technological development in devices
5.  Content owners (through aggregators) are constantly exploring newer ways of monetising their entertainment content. Handsets makers entering into tie ups with music content sites as well as resume sharing deals with telecom and music companies. Print publication going beyond their offline formats to launch electronic versions of their newspapers and magazines and making their classified sections like jobs, matrimonies and homes available online. Introduction of mobile and online ticket booking facility for cinemagoers along with the convenience of seat selection and launch of ticketing kiosks in multiplexes.
6.  Devices includes…  Smart phones- iphone, Blackberry, Android, Nokia etc.  Set-top-boxes- Shortly a Swiss company is planning to launch a set-top-box which can easily converge content from PC, Music player, gaming console and mobile phones to TV.  Ipod- you can have music, video, camera and e-reader.  Gaming Consoles- Xbox, Play station  IPTV  HDTV  DTH  Digital video recorders (DVRs)  Video-on-demand (VOD)  Wireless devices  Broadband video  I pad  Tablets- I pad, galaxy tab
7.  IPL on You Tube Big Boss on You Tube Delivery of Services to TV sets via Web Access of internet and web on mobiles Usage of internet for voice telephony. Leading broadcast houses like star, ndtv and utv are creating separate divisions focusing on new media distribution channels. Film production houses like Rajshri and Eros making their library content available for paid online downloads. Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt. Ltd  Hungama Mobile in 2000 (157 mn subscribers)  Hungama Digital having gaming hungama and bollywood hungama ( 9mn subscribers)  Hungama DEN ( controlls 40% of the entertainment category in India)  Raaga.com ( has about 100 websites, PC World Best Music website award for 2008)
8. Revenue generating Revenue generation method measuring methods •Advertising Premium•Pay per View Customised•Pay per Click Targeted•Pay per Download •Subscription •Licensing Operational Efficiency Other Options•Sale on virtual store•Region based advertising Partnership & Deals•On demand services•Back log content
10.  Higher costs - product and content. Monetizing on few platforms initially could be a challenge. For example - Web content. Brining in the government policies and regulations for promoting the technology. Availability of specialists and creative content creators for different platforms. Not much varieties of smart phones. People beyond the urban sectors are not much aware of different technologies available.
11. • Slow internet connection.• Operational Efficiency Developing Economy Consumer dissatisfaction due to the emergence of new devices which they are not comfortable using. Hesitation in people’s behavioural change. Unavailability of technology to some extent. Literacy and skill barriers Language barrier. High Mobile penetration but the no. of smart phones are limited.
13.  As new media is comparatively cheaper, various small and upcoming businesses can easily go for new media advertising.
14.  Speed Technology Adaptation by consumers Penetration Business model Regional content