1. HELLO!_____ ________________HELLO!_____ ________________
Nastavnik Pejic Alisa Pregledao ____________________
Unit topic: A year in my life
Ss will be able to talk about their year using present s. and present c.
Presentation of a new lesson
VI grade students
Frontal, individual and pairs
School trips with educational purposes take place in any term, but it is traditional for schools to organize one
towards the end of the summer term. Sports day is a day when the whole school comes together to compete in
athletic track and field events. Parents are usually invited to watch. Students sometimes go to school by coach or
bus. This is often called a school bus. The school bus is also used for school trips.
When we talk about weather conditions we often use it with the relevant verb – it snows, it rains, it’s windy etc.
1. Allow time for Ss to read through the text and deal with any new or difficult vocabulary.
Christmas – Bozic half term – polugodiste boring – dosadan Easter – Uskrs
Lovely – divan sports day – sportski dan school trip – izlet middle – sredina
Present – poklon instead – umjesto toga
2. Ss work on their own to find the answers to the
questions. Check the answers with the class.
Draw four columns, Always, Usually, Sometimes, Never,
on the board. Check that Ss understand the meaning of
these words. Ask Ss to find two things from the text to
fit in each column.
January – picture 3, February – picture 9,
March – picture 2, April – picture 11,
May – picture 12, June – picture 10,
July – picture 6, August – picture 4,
September – picture 8, October – picture 1,
November – picture 5, December – picture 7.
Always Amy goes back to school in
She gets Easter eggs.
She has a birthday party in May.
Usually Amy goes skiing in February.
She stays with her cousin in
Scotland in the summer.
Sometimes It snows in January.
They go sledging.
Never She doesn’t do anything special in
Edward doesn’t have a party.
1. Amy has thirteen weeks’ holiday in a year.
2. Sophie lives on a farm in Scotland.
3. When she visits Sophie, Amy helps on the
4. Edward goes to the cinema with some
friends for his birthday.
5. He doesn’t have a party because he says he
is too old.
6. Amy likes June because the weather is warm
and sunny, she has her school sports day
and she goes on a school trip.
7. She doesn’t like November because it’s cold
and dark and the days are very short.
8. In February she usually goes skiing with her
parents and Edward.