2. The torch The Olympic torch is going to be carried from Greece to Beijing in a relay through Tibet, up and down Mt. Everest, through 21 cities outside China 113 cities in all 31 provinces within China, but because these are "green" Olympics they light it with a solar reflector. We think Li Ling is the most probable carrier of the torch because he is one of the few famous old athletes who has not yet been in the relay.
3. <ul><li>Watch you tube video for video </li></ul>
4. The FUWA <ul><li>The fuwa are the Olympic mascots so during the opening ceremony they shall march through with Chinese dragons following. them. </li></ul>
5. <ul><li>A 75-minute "pre-ceremony" performance that will end at 7:00 p.m. will feature folk and ethnic art from 28 teams across the country. </li></ul><ul><li>The ceremony will start at 8:00 p.m. and will last about three and a half hours, with China's Liu Huan and Sarah Brightman from Britain chosen to sing the theme song. </li></ul><ul><li>The core part of the ceremony -- the artistic performance -- will last one hour. </li></ul><ul><li>It will be divided into two parts -- one to highlight China's age-old civilization and the other to highlight China's splendid modern era. </li></ul><ul><li>The theme song will come at the end of the performance. </li></ul>The opening ceremony
6. The fireworks <ul><li>The fireworks will have all five colours of the Olympic symbol and they will fire up to make the Olympic symbol. And around the stadium other fireworks will start coming up each on getting bigger and bigger and when they stop airplanes will fly over leaving coloured smoke to form the Olympic symbol. </li></ul>
7. <ul><li>Around the stadium there will be lots of lights that will flash up into the sky to make lots of patterns. Then the fuwa will go in and start marching in with the dragons. Then some famous people from Britain will sing the theme song. </li></ul>
8. <ul><li>The security will be up majorly and they will be checking ids, drivers licenses , passports and will have many metal detectors. </li></ul>