Future Of Microfinance Presented by Sivaramakrishnan.K.V.
- Mission to help the unbanked and underbanked
- Turned Profit With experience of being an NGO
- Benefits of tax Diminished
- Investment from lenders brings in the flavour of scale
- With that comes the value of return on investment
- Credit is the bread and butter of an MFI
What they are and the road Ahead
- Started as an NGO to alleviate poverty
- Going public- Standardisation
- Savings to be the core activity
- Small and effective local players
- Very few national players
- Culture, Need, Geography, Products, Requirement are addressed as per local aspirations
- Can this expertise be capitalised?
- SKS IPO has proved the level to which an MFI can go
- Renewed vigor in the industry
- National & international Investors keen to be part of the revolution
- Can a small entity afford to go public?
Savings the need
- Graduating with each cycle brings in culture to Save
- MFI’s Focus will shift to savings products like Insurance, savings account and Pensions.
Banks and MicroBanks
- Microfinance brings with it a social cause and return on investment
- PSU & Private Banks will focus on this segment, increases reach and brings in rate moderation
- MFI’s will turn in to banks
- Technology will bring the Paradigm shift in thought and Processes
- Microbanks will redefine banking to the Rural Mass.
Thank You Sivaramakrishnan.K.V.