On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
• The Shamrock is a symbol of Ireland.
• Saint Patrick used the shamrock to represent the
• The leprechaun is an Irish ´fairy´.
• He is a small, old man who has a pot of
The colour green
• The colour green is a symbol of Ireland and Saint Patrick.
• Ireland is a rainy country, so there are lots of green trees
• It is lucky to wear green on Saint Patrick´s day.
• The harp is a musical instrument that has been
used in Ireland for centuries.
• ´Harpists´ (people who play harps) were often
blind and were well respected in society.
• Guiness is a famous Irish beer.
• It is over 250 years old.
• It was first brewed (made) in Dublin, Ireland.
• There are always parades on Saint Patrick´s Day.
• A large parade always takes place in Dublin, the
capital city of Ireland.
St Patrick´s day is celebrated in...
• Dublin, Ireland
• Glasgow, Scotland
• New York, United States of America
• Barcelona, Spain
• There is always a big parade in Dublin on St.
• People wear shamrocks and have parades, with
lots of singing and dancing.
• The River Liffey is dyed green on Saint Patrick´s
• Green is the traditional colour of Saint Patrick and
• Many Irish people emigrated to Scotland in the 19th
• On Saint Patrick´s day, many people go to pubs (bars) to
drink Irish beer and listen to Irish music.
• It is also a celebration of being Catholic.
New York, USA
New York, USA
• Saint Patricks day is also celebrated in New York.
• There are many people with Irish heritage living in
• It is a celebration of Irish-American culture.
• Saint Patrick´s cathedral is in NYC.
• In Barcelona there are lots of Irish pubs.
• On this day, Irish people meet in these pubs
and drink beer together.