1. Question 5 Evaluation- How did you
attract or address your audience?
2. Who were your target audience?
• My target audience would be in the range of 17-50
year olds because at this age I would feel that my
genre which is poverty would appeal to them the
most as they would need an understanding of the
genre. I felt that this would be the best age range
because people under 17 wouldn’t really grasp the
normal everyday life of a beggar on the streets of
3. Examples of Target Audience
People in their 40s Middle Aged people
4. What did you find out about them?
• I found out about my target audience by doing my product
research on my WordPress blog. As well as this, I conducted
some audience research by interviewing my target audience.
• The link below is my audience research interview.
• Here is one main example of my product research that I used
for the film genre
5. How, specifically, in terms of camera, m-e-s,
sound, editing and narrative, your film appeals
• Here are some stills from my film opening.
• My film appeals to the audience via the camerawork by
making them guess the name of the opening. This is
done by the camera zooming in on the road sign on the
previous slide. I did this because I didn’t want them to
dwell on the name. I wanted them to get the name of
the opening straight away. The 2 shot of the beggar
with the woman in the coat shows that there is class
difference and that’s what I wanted to appeal to the
audience. As well as this, the middle still appeals via
camerawork by me trying to include an establishing
shot of the location, so that the audience understand
where the beggar will go to search through the bins.
• My film appeals to the audience via editing because I wanted
to make the whole scenery a bit brighter as I wasn’t happy
with the natural colour from the camera. I tweaked the overall
vision of the scene by adding an effect from Adobe Premiere
Here you can see the
effect is in full use.
This was used to
brighten up the
scenery so that the
viewers won’t get an
8. Mise En Scene
• My opening appeals to the audience via Mise
En Scene because I wanted class to be one of
my main factors. Here is an example
As you can clearly see
there is class difference
here as the woman
dressed in the red coat
is supposed to
represent a higher
class and authority as
opposed to the old
man who is at a lower
• Sound was a big part of my film opening
because I needed the audience to figure out
the genre of the film by listening to the type
of music used. The music I used was
depressing and I wanted to implicate that
depression onto my audience so that they can
feel the same emotion.