1. Whitehat Linkbuilding strategiesAron Baczoni, Traffichemy Internet Marketing
2. What is a good link?• Don’t look at PR! We return random Page Rank data if we• Relevancy feel like to – it’s fun! • Trust – Domain age – Co-citations – Brand signals• Editorially given Matt Cutts – SMX Advanced• Natural anchor text Seattle 2008• Build content and links for users and not for search engines!!!
3. Competitors – Industry• Who links to my competitors? – opensiteexplorer.org – sort by doamin authority• Who links to similar sites? – moreofit.com• What is their most popular content?• Blogs, forums, communities – who links to them?
4. Competiros -Industry• Hijack links – 404’d resources• Re-create/update older ideas• Top x lists of people/companies/Blogs (egobait) – Mention people whenever possible
5. Google search – IndustryIndustry links have more value than general ones.Search for your industry + words like:• Add url• Directory• Blogs• Bloggers• News http://www.soloseo.com/tools/linkSearch.html• Lists
6. Be creative - gamesUse Twitter to fix problems• Contest giveaway• Set up twitter search• Post content how horrible it is linkt to a voting section for the funniest story
7. Reach out• Ask people who you know for a link• Testimonials• Charity• Donations• EDU: – Guest speak – Participate in a career fair – Post internships (make friendships) – Find professors – whitepaper, case study – Discounts to students and professors – Sponsor events or clubs – Give an interview to the school paper (alumni program) – Scholarships
9. Other strategies• Join associations, organizations, chamber of commerce• Guest post• Give product to bloggers for reviews• Community newspapers – be the expert• Blog comment – don’t spam!• Blog and link out (build relationships, trackbacks)• Google Alerts (brand mentions)• Ask your customers• Offer free ebook/content/product sample - Pay with a tweet/like/+1
10. Hidden assets – Questions• Do you have a Female, Muslim, Af. American or Asian exec?• Do you have a company charity? Do you do charitable matching?• Do you offer your services as an in-kind donation? Are you willing?• Do you offer any version of your product/service for free?• Do you hire stay at home moms/dads?• Do you have an intern program?• Do any execs sit on any boards (profit or non-profit)?• Any developments in Macromedia Flex, Silverlight, SCRUM, etc?
11. Aron Baczoni | Internet Marketing and SEO Consultant @baczoni http://traffichemy.com email@example.com